✫Part 5✫

Colby followed me as I ran towards the spot where we first met

Flashback

"AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!" I scream high pitched. I start throwing rocks at him as he walks closer to me.

"NO NO NO NO NO! It OK! It's OK!— OW-OW-OW-I'm not gonna hurt— you!—- OW!" He yelled as he grabbed onto my hands, stopping me from throwing more rocks

I grunt and pull out of his grasp "get off me!" I yell
He backs away and raises his hand in defeat. "Ok now listen. I'm. Not. Gonna. Hurt. You" he says
T
"What are you!" I yell, still pointing the stick at him
"I'm a werewolf" he says plainly

I scoff "no you are not." I say

He chuckles "did you not Just see me morph from a wolf to a human?"
I think "werewolves don't exist!"

"Yeah they do. There aren't many. I only know of the one's here, in LA." He says

"A-and why are you here?" I stutter

"I saved you." He says looking down
"H-h-How?"

He looks away, not waning to say anything

"HOW!" I repeat

"But turning you into one of us! We have powers preventing us from dying! And I didn't want you to die so I turned you into one and saved your life!" He yelled

I dropped my stick, and breathed in heavily
I look at my shaking hands "i-I'm not... a... a..."

"Werewolf"

"This is where it all started" I mind link, sitting and facing him
He sat still, looking down in shame.
"Colby this is where you saved me. You are the reason I am here today, standing and talking to you. I know you killed David, I know you feel the need to stay away from me to protect me. But you also need me to heal, and as much as I hate to say it I still need you to heal."
He looked up
"I get it.. your scared. I am too. But I am willing to take the risk of being with you if you are willing as well"
He was silent. The only sounds filling my ears were the silent chirps of birds and crickets in the tree's, and the strong flow of the lake besides us.
"Okay.." I look down sadly. Feeling defeat that this didn't help our case.
Suddenly I felt him embrace me in a neck hug.
It took me by surprise so I didn't react for a few seconds until I wrapped my wings around him and held him close.
"I'm willing" he mind linked. I smiled ever so slightly and nuzzled my head into his soft neck.
"I'm not ready to date again. But I do still want to be your friend" I tell him.
"As long as I'm with you, I'll be okay" he responded, warning my heart.
I missed this guy so much.. there was just one thing that I needed to know.
"Turn?" I ask.
He nods and we both morph back to our regular human form, still sitting on the grass. "Why did you do it?" I ask.
He sighed "he was gonna kill you"
That took me by surprise.. "a little while before our camping trip.. Jake stumbled upon him and Cole searching through Ralph's looking for weird ingredients. We had our suspicions so we decided to keep a close eye on you Incase something happened. At the party I confronted him about it and he came clean saying he was gonna take your powers then kill you. I couldn't let that happen. So I used the poison the moon wolves gave me and constructed a plan to kill him"
"Why didn't you tell me?"
"Cause I knew you would hate yourself for falling for his tricks again.. and though I hated it, I'd rather you hate me than ever hate yourself"
I stared into his eyes "colby I get it that you loved.. or love me. But if my life is danger I think it would be best if we both knew and we could figure it out together.No matter the cost." I paused for a second "but thanks"
He chuckled "Layla what's gonna happen now?"
I place my hand on his "now we're gonna figure this all out. Starting with where we are at at this moment.."
"And where's that?"
"We're best friends"