✫part 11✫

*Colby's pov*

The second Layla retreated to her room I turned my head to glare at Noah. To my surprise, he was a wolf again. Sitting and staring up at me.

I roll my eyes and sigh "come on" I guide him outside and towards the elevator that leads down to the lake house. Once we're in we shut the door and slowly make our way down. The ride was silent, I mean he was a wolf I couldn't exactly talk to him. He just glanced up to me ever few seconds and then immediately looked back down.

Finally, we make it down and towards the house. I set myself up in the 1 room and left him in the main room for less than 5 seconds before returning to see him still standing in the same spot as he was before. I furrow my eyebrows "what? Do you need an invitation?"

He barked

I roll my eyes "look I ain't gonna murder you you can just turn back" I tell him. It took a second but sure enough he morphed back and grinned at me "aww 'I'm not gonna murder you' is the first non threatening statement you've ever said to meee. Look we're becoming best friend already" he smiled.

I scoff "yeah right you and your dumb master have made my life a living hell not only for me but for my friends especially! Sam. So I don't wanna hear a word from you"

He shook his head "no no no. I don't do any of Mr.Adders dirty work. He uses me for fear to scare other fighters so they would fight. You think I wanna get blood on my claws? Ha no"

I roll my eyes for probably the 30th time this night "yeah okay. Just don't talk to me and we'll be fine"

"Yeah okay. Uhhh hey! Is there a TV in here? I could KILL, not really, to watch some sponge bob" he claps his hands together and looks around the room.

I point to the massive TV next to him and toss him the remote from next to me "Knock yourself out" I turn around and walk back to my room, laying down in bed and shutting my eyes.

*CRASH*

Immediately I jump from my bed and zoom to the room literally ready to kill him. But all I see in him reaching up high in a cabinet and a metal bowl on the ground.

"I was gonna make popcorn" he whispered.
I stare at him and growl "just be quiet" before returning back to the room.

*CRASH*

I run back out "I swear to god" I growl.

He was standing there, with the bowl of popcorn on the ground and scattered on the ground. "Okay THAT was a total accident I'll clean it up" in literally 2 seconds, thanks to his speed, the mess was cleaned up and he was laying on the couch.

I don't even speak and just return back to the room. But thanks to that mother trucker I am no longer tired.

"Is mayonnaise an instrument?"

"No patrick mayonnaise is not an instrument"

I chuckle silently to myself and, against my internal wishes, stand up and walk back up to the main room.

He stared at me "I swear my farts are not! That loud" he joked.

I roll my eyes "u huh imma chill out here. But do not! Talk to me" I warn. He pouts his lips, nods, and 👌🏽.

I sit on the opposite end of the couch from him and rest my head on my hand. Guess I'm spending the night here.. yaaaaay.

*Layla's pov*

"I-I don't know maybe I should go check on them" I spoke in a worried tone. I mean why shouldn't I be worried!? Colby and Noah are alone. Together. PROBABLY tearing each others throats out!?

"Layla. sweetheart. They are gonna be okayyy. Colby loves you too much and wouldn't break his promise to you" Finn reassures me.

I sigh "I know but"

*Crash!*

"Omg did you hear that!?" I loudly whisper.

"I don't have wolf hearing like you do" Finn laughed, peeling off the last of his face mask.

I roll my eyes "okay I'm just gonna go perk my head in then I'll be okay and I'll stop worrying."

"Layla don't-" it's was to late, I was already out the door and speeding towards the lake house. I morph and turn into a cloud of smoke before turning invisible and creeping towards the widow of the small house.

To my surprise, they were both sitting on the couch and watching Sponge bob on the TV. I sighed in relief before seeing Noah tell Colby something and walking to the hallway.

"Boo!" He pops up behind me making me yelp and fall back. "How did you know I was here!?" I loudly whisper, brushing leaves off of me while he extends his hand for me to grab and helps me up.

"Well that power had no effect on us night wings sooooo to me it looked like an ugly demon was spying on me. Turns out it was just you" he joked making me laugh softly. "Yeah I wanted to check if y'all had killed each other yet"

He laughed "well to my surprise he wasn't all to angry with me. Irritated? Yes. Angry no. I guess he's just exhausted. I mean I'm not surprised he does fight a lot"

I sighed "I don't get it. This whole situation." I groan, leaning against the wall behind me and leaning my head back.

"What don't you get?" He asked.

"Why them? They're the sweetest people I've very known and here they are fighting and getting hurt and for what reason? Money for Mr.Adder? It's not right it's not fair. I swear if I could I would fight every fight for them if it means none of them get hurt especially Sam and Colby.. they mean so much to me I can't bear to see them in pain" I look up at the sky and the moon. They way they shone in the dark.

Noah sighed "it sucks.. it really does and I swear if I could change it I would but.. right now we can't. And hey I have a question?" I look to him "where were you? Why now have you come up?"

"I left to New Zealand a year ago after an incident" he gave me a what happened? Look, making me sigh "Colby killed my brother, David." I look down to me feet.

"Oh.. w-wait why?"

"Because he was planning on killing me. And Colby knew if I found out I would blame myself for letting me fall for his tricks again since it's happened before. So he killed him and took the blame so I wouldn't know... he did it to protect me" I felt a tear slip down "and now look at what's happened! I left and now they're risking they're lives it's unfair" I felt my rage start to rise, thinking of every reason as to why this is my fault.

"If I hadn't let David in for the millionth time and let myself fall for his tricks Colby wouldn't have killed him! I wouldn't have left! And they wouldn't be in this mess! I just-" I felt my eyes go black as I'm clouded in smoke, my nails digging into my skin as my fists clenched up. Noah backed away from me, not knowing what was going on.

I knew what was going on..

and it's not gonna be pretty..