✫part 26✫

Colby held my hand as we made our way over to the front door. I could literally feel my heart speed up as we drew closer. I had to act cool, act cool Layla god damn! Ugh.

"Okay, ready?" Colby smiled, looking to me for reassurance.

I nod, and Colby knocks.

It only took a few seconds before a lady opened the door and smiled bright "Ohhh my son!" She exclaimed, quickly pulling Colby into a tight hug. She was around an inch shorter than him, so Colby nuzzled his head onto her shoulder and held her tight.

He laughed "Hi mom" and pulled away "Uh, I would like for you to meet Layla! My girlfriend of two years" he said happily. I'm happy he left out the part where we were broken up for about a year.. that would be pretty awkward.

I smile and wave, but she dismisses it with an eye roll and pulled me into a hug as well "Oh finally, I was beginning to think he'd never find anyone. Now tell me, has he been a gentlemen? Treating you right?" She asked as she pulled away.

I laugh and nod "Yeah, he's had his moments" I grin, looking at him with a smug look before turning back to her "It's very nice to meet you"

She smiles before gasping "Oh! My husband is in the backyard working on the lawn mower!" She exclaimed, realizing he doesn't know were here yet.

"He's still working on that old thing? It's been literal years I don't get why he hasn't just gotten a new one" Colby chuckled, then he realized I had no idea what they're talking about "Oh we have an old lawn mower that for the most part refuses to ever work"

"But of coarse he's stubborn and refuses to accept the fact that it's trash. But uh- come on in! Set your bags down I'll go put them in your old room and y'all can head out back to say hi" She said as she scooted to the side and let us in, shutting the door behind us.

"Oh it's okay I can go put them up there" I offer but she shook her head.

"Don't get all polite on me, I can handle it just fine now go on go on" she smiled, urging us out the back door. She grabbed our bags and took them upstairs and before Colby opened the back door he chuckled and looked down to me "Yeah that's my mom. As you can tell, I don't bring girls home a lot so she's pretty excited" he explained with a smile.

I giggle "Yeah I can tell"

We walked outside and sure enough, an older guy was messing with the gears and wires inside of an old lawn mower.

When he saw us he smiled bright and chuckled "Finally, he decides to come home" he laughed, walking over to us. His smile resembled Colby's a lot, the way his cheeks lifted and his eyes got a tad bit smaller. They both look a lot alike.

He pulled Colby into a tight hug and patted his back, laughing and sighing in happiness. He pulled away and patted his shoulder before turning to me and grinning "And he has returned with a girl.. shocker" he joked, giving me a hug. I laughed as well, this really puts in prospective that Colby wasn't a ladies man, honestly is a shocker.

"Dad meet Layla, my girlfriend of Two years" he introduces us.

His hand pulls away and smiles "Two years huh? Well Colby I'm glad you were lucky enough to real this one is. I thought you'd be single forever"

I laugh "Trust me I'm the lucky one, Colby's the best"

Colby shrugged and wrapped his arms around me from behind "Nah I think dad's right, i'm the lucky one. Your absolutely amazing" he said, placing a kiss on my head and rocking me back and forth in his arms. How absolutely cheesy yet sweet. I love him.

"Damn Colby since when are you such a romantic" Someone from behind us laughs. We turn around to see who I'm assuming is his brother Gage. They looked pretty similar as well, he was just taller.

"Brotherrrr" Colby dragged, pulling him into a bro hug. Ah, sibling love.

I grew up and only child so I don't know what it's like to have a sibling. But him and Gage seem to have a close bond. Which is good.

They pulled away and Gage looked to me with a grin "And you must be Layla, Ive heard your music, Even payed first all the albums" he said as he gave me a hug "but that's my girlfriend doing. She's a huge fan of you" he laughed.

I laughed as well and pulled away with a smile "I'm glad my music makes her happy. Will I be meeting her tomorrow?" I ask.

He nods "Yup, she'll be at the Bar-B-Q. But until then I get to brag about how I met you first" He jokes, making me laugh again.

"Colby would you mind helping me set the table for dinner?" His mom called from inside "And I need your input on the roast beef I've missed my little taste tester"

I laughed and Colby groaned "Why she gotta embarrass me like that?" He asked himself.

"Aw come on it's cute. Now go on and help her I can stay here and see if I can help with the lawn mower" I offer.

He furrows his eyebrows "Since when are you a mechanic?" He asked.

I shrugged "I didn't go out much as a kid and my dad owned a garage and repair shop, so I may have learned a thing or two about Mechanics" I grin "Theres still a few things you don't know about me Brock" I grin.

He chuckles and kisses me on my cheek one last time before going inside and tending to his mom.

"Okay so what seem's to be the problem here?" I ask, skipping over to the lawn mower and looking inside of it.

"The darn thing never seems to start, and when it does it always makes a weird noise" He explains.

I nod and mess with a few of the gears before stumbling onto the problems "Well you see the string that starts the engine keep's getting stuck on this chipped gear, but the chip is so small it's really hard to see, that's why it's difficult to start it up. And most of these gears are old and rusty so when they're rubbing up against each other they scratch together and create the noise I think your hearing. Oh! And there's a small leak in the gas tank so I'm pretty sure that should also be fixed. Do you happen to have a pen and paper?" I ask.

Gage nods and pulls out a receipt from his pocket along with a pen, handing them to me.

"These are the gears, and size tank you'll need.. along with the prices" I say as I write it down and then hand it to him.

Colbys dad chuckled "Well I'll be.. five years I've been working on this damn lawn mower. Colby should I've found you sooner dear"

I blush at the compliment and hear the door open from behind us "Dinner's ready" Colby called.

"Colby god damn it you got yourself a genius" His dad laugh's, making Colby smile.

"I know I did. And I couldn't be happier knowing I get to call her mine"