Mandy

"What are you doing?" The nurse stares at me.

I am silent.

"Hey, aren't you the one who has been missing?"

"Yeah, Um...." I say, desperately trying to think of a way to bargain out of this. "I, uh, I had a bad cough, didn't want to come for obvious reasons. And I didn't call in because I could barely speak.

"Email?"

"My wifi at home is spotty."

"All of that at once...?"

"I guess it was just bad luck," I say smoothly.

The nurse stares at me for a second and looks like she is about to question me more, then just shakes her head, probably blaming her doubt on her overactive imagination or some crap like that. I'm glad I decided to wear my scrubs and nurse badge. It would've been a lot more suspicious if I had been caught like this in my street clothes.

"Well," the nurse says, shaking me out of my thoughts. "If you're already cleaning up in here, I'll just leave. Want me to notify Doc Heggins that you're back?" She offers, referring to the head doctor.

"No!" I say a bit too eagerly. "Er, I mean, it's fine, I'm sure you're busy, I got it."

"I'm actually not that bus-"

"No! It's fine, I got it, thanks."

"Okay," she nods and uncertainly backs out of the room.

As soon as she's gone, I breathe a huge sigh of relief. That was close. Amy's room, 409, is right across the hall from Christina's room, so I glance out of the door, making sure that no one else is in the hallway, and when the coast is clear, I quietly swing open the door and venture across to Amy's room. About to open the door, I glance through the window in the door and see a perfectly made up bed, identical to the one in Christina's room. Damn it. She's gone too. There's no way I'll make enough money off Lisa alone. I need someone else. I guess anyone is better than no one, even if they're not a celebrity. Any nice young girl will sell for a pretty price- parents desperate to get her back, will pay practically anything. I prowl around the hall, slyly glancing into each door. I want someone a little less sickly. Someone who won't just die on me. Cause what's a dead girl worth to me? Nothing.

I finally reach a room, Almost at the end of the hall, and peer in. A peaceful looking girl lies there. Pretty, and it her 20's, it looks like. I swing open the door, trying not to wake her. I quickly scan the clipboard resting on the counter across from her bed.

KALIANA MORGAN

26

MILD CASE OF COVID19

SYMPTOMS: COUGH, TROUBLE BREATHING, HEADACHE

ADMITTED: 5~23~20

The perfect victim.

***

I start the car, and glance in the rearview mirror, Kaliana is in the trunk, undoubtedly trying to escape right now. I chuckle, almost feeling sorry for her. Doens't she know that it's useless?

HEY GUYS 😁

HOPE YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER. THE NEXT CHAPTER IS FROM LISA'S POV, WHICH I'M SURE YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR! SO YOU'LL GET TO SEE THAT ON WEDNESDAY. HAVE A GOOD NIGHT (SORRY THIS WAS UPDATED SO LATE) AND PLEASE VOTE/COMMENT :) THANKS.