Amy

Kath turns away from us, covering her mouth with her hand. Nick leaves the room, sensing we need to be alone. As the doctor on the other end continues to talk, I see Kath silently shaking, her body wracked with sobs. I rest a hand on her back and try to comfort her and she talks through her tears. "Um, yes. yes. Her boyfriend Chad, her sister Christina and I. Yes. But the days before we were all in contact with her, cause we didn't know she was sick. Okay, yes. We are already are. Only our significant others and us. No one else is coming to the house. Yes. Okay. Thanks, you too."

She hangs up the phone and cuddles up to the rest of us. "Lisa-" she starts. "Lisa- Lise just l-l-lost her b-baby."

I didn't even know she was pregnant until a week ago, and now her baby is gone? I'm in shock. Is on't know what to feel. Soon though, the feelings kick in and we're all crying and hugging each other. Christina is really effected, just because her first baby, Spero, is in heaven now. She and Kath hold each other and sob, while Dani, Lauren, and I snuggle together. We stay there for a long time; the hours bleed together, until eventually we stop crying. We still stay there though, and before I know it, Dani is gently shaking me awake. Ames, it's time to get up. Nick made us dinner. I glance at the clock. We've been on this couch for 4 hours. It's now 7 and we slowly head into the kitchen to eat.

At dinner, Chris breaks the news to the rest of the household, and fresh tears start to run down her face again. Before eating we all say a prayer that Lisa is doing alright and that her baby is in heaven.

None of us can eat. I poke at my food. I'm not hungry at all, but we all sit there, until finally Kath says that she's going on a walk and anyone who wants to come can. Everybody except Christina- who says she's too tired- volunteers to come. So we all clear the table then leave for the walk, while Chris goes upstairs, presumably to bed. 

WOW I'M REALLY GOING CRAZY WITH THE WRITING TODAY HAHA. I JUST GOT OUT OF A MAJOR WRITERS BLOCK PERIOD SO I'M TAKING ADVANTAGE. I GOTTA GO DO SCHOOLWORK BUT I THINK I'LL UPDATE AGAIN TONIGHT. I WOULD LOVE IT IF YOU VOTED AND COMMENTED. PEACE!