Lauren

After dinner, I sit with Dani in front of the TV, but neither of us are focused. Katherine is outside on the porch, writing poetry. I sigh loudly and stand up. "Dan? If you don't mind, I am going to join Kath."

"Nope, go ahead," she mumbles absentmindedly.

I go outside to where Kath is holding a black pen- one of her favorites, and looking into the distance, where the sun is just beginning to set. I sit down next to her and lean my head onto her shoulder. "Hey Kathy," I whisper.

"Hi Laur."

We lean into each other, no words to comfort the other, just our mere presence. The sun sets and it's dark out. Crickets start to chirp, but we still don't move. After an hour, I whisper a question. "Can we say a prayer for them?"

"Of course," Kath whispers back.

Dear God, please let our sisters be okay. Please let Christina's baby be okay. Please let Lisa heal from the loss of hers. Please let Amy keep her hopeful spirit and joy, even in these harrowing times. Please let them all be okay. I mumble these words, holding Kath's hand the entire time. I try to go on but my voice cracks and I begin to cry. I hear Kath sniffling, but she still reaches up her hand and wipes the tears off my cheeks. It's okay, Laur. It's going to be okay.

"How do you know?"

"Because we just prayed to God for them, and I know that God wants to keep them safe. He'll do everything in His power to keep them safe."

I believe her. I believe my older sister. I feel hope for the first time since all of this started. I hug Kath and shut my eyes. I'm so tired. I fall asleep in her arms.

I SUCCEEDED IN NOT DOING A CLIFFHANGER THE SECOND TIME IN A ROW! I'M GETTING GOOD 😂 HOPE YOU LIKED THIS SHORT, BUT SWEET AND HEARTWARMING CHAPTER OF SISTERLY LOVE ❤️  PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!