Epilogue

-A Message from the Author-

Shoto Todoroki

There is one thing I would like to clarify about this story: every description about myself where I am described as ‘beautiful’ and other forms of compliments are not written out of a fit of egotistical fancy. I did not want to write it at all, but my fiance told me that if I did not then the story wouldn’t be complete and truthful.

I feel like he is messing with me, but he insists that he is not.

Izuku and I had been toying with the idea of releasing his story for years. I am sure that it will help many people and answer many of their questions about life and heroism in general. It was a more difficult decision for Izuku, if only because he would have to lay his soul bare should we decide to go through with it.

We went about the actual process of writing this book with the help of Izuku’s journal that he updated nearly religiously during his time with me, our memories, and accounts from Inko and other witnesses to slowly piece everything together.

The entirety of the class of UA caught wind of our plan and quite forcibly inserted themselves into Izuku and I’s plan, demanding that we let them read it as I wrote and Izuku dictated. If you ever noticed anything out of character for me throughout this biography, please blame that on one of them. I tried to catch all of their additions and correct them but I am only one person. Izuku found them amusing and did not help me.

According to him, ‘It’s cute when you’re flustered, Shoto.’

I have received some questions about Soba since releasing this story from concerned readers, so I will happily inform you that she is a perfectly healthy old cat. She still prefers Izuku’s petting, but she likes laying in my lap more. She has no qualms about making a scene when she is hungry and is an overall menace. It’s cute.

Izuku’s career is going rather well; he’s been teaching the heroics class for a number of years since All Might’s retirement. It turns out that his penchant for analyzing Quirks is a good skill to have when training the next generation of heroes. He’s shaping the future and I am extremely proud of him.

So, Dear Reader, I hope you leave this story with more than you came to it with. Maybe you’ve found a newfound feeling of resolve to face life head-on. Maybe you’ve come to have a deeper understanding of what it means to be you. Maybe you just feel a little lighter after reading a story with a happy ending.

I have been writing this secretly while my fiance and our friends are hanging out in the next room because I don’t want them to mess with this last message. They are beginning to get suspicious of what’s taking me so long to use the restroom, so I will leave you here, Dear Reader.

Goodbye and good luck,

Shoto Todoroki

Thank you for reading! Shoto thinks he’s stealthy but he’s really not. And he is very adorable when flustered. Plus Ultra!

Izuku Midoriya