Chapter 16

Midoriya awoke suddenly.

At first, he didn't know where he was, but then, his memories hit him like a tidal wave. It was an imaginary tidal wave, of course, but it still hurt.

Izuku's head was killing him. It was as though his brain was attacking his skull, trying it's hardest to escape from the desperate and despairing life that now belonged to Izuku.

Izuku smiled at his grim imagination, Take me with you, he thought.

Can I come?

No. Izuku Midoriya scowled. You had better leave Todoroki alone. Without him, I might be dead, which means you would be dead too.

Here is what you don't seem to be getting, the voice sneered, suddenly angry, I am stuck in your tiny little disgusting mind until you die. There is no way for me to die without you dying as well, and despite what you may think, I don't like this arrangement either.

Do you know how boring it is in here? Do you know how cliche you are?

Boohoo, the poor little guy just wanted to save people, but for some stupid reason, he couldn't. Seriously, if you really had what it takes to be a hero, you wouldn't be in this situation right now. You would have beaten down every single one of those so-called bad guys and risen from the dust, triumphant. But no. You sit here in this little room complaining and labeling me as the source of your problems.

You don't have what it takes to be a hero. You are nothing more than the main character in every lame shounen anime and manga that tries way too hard to make up a sad backstory and just tosses every cliche into a pot. You. Are. Useless. You can't even go against the will of a voice in your head. Pathetic.

Midoriya was surprised by this outburst. He never stopped to think about the feelings of the disembodied voice in his head. Of course, this didn't mean they were going to start being buddy buddy just because it felt feelings. It was, after all, trying to force Midoriya to basically murder everyone in sight. However, it was comforting to know that there might be something there to work with. Still, no friendship though.

The voice was right though.

Midoriya had spent too much time wallowing in self-pity. These past few days, Todoroki was basically caring for Midoriya as though he was a toddler. It was time that Izuku pulled his own weight, instead of depending on Todoroki.

After all, if they were going to be living together for a year, it's the least he could do.

••••••••••••••••••••

Izuku had gone grocery shopping. Of course, he had to wear his disguise, but it was nice to be able to do at least some simple tasks outside without the fear of being called out because you are one of the most wanted villain in Japan.

Things were going great.

Luckily, Izuku had managed to make it back to Todoroki's home without a problem. This was a rare luxury that should most definitely be appreciated, because there were not a lot of times when Midoriya could leave into the outside world without having to fret over basically everything.

Izuku was so happy to be outdoors that he hadn't noticed he had been out for almost five hours.

Looking back, I still can't understand why he enjoys going out so much. It's just so... bland. Who likes going outside? It's not like you absolutely need sun to survive.

Anyways, Izuku figured that he had better get back to the Todoroki household if he wanted to cook everything in time to surprise Todoroki. It was, in a way, a thank you to the hero for taking care of Izuku and talking sense into him when needed.

Todoroki is a real friend, Izuku thought.

The young hero had never cooked anything on his own, but he was confident that he could figure out what to do.

After all, cooking couldn't be that hard, could it?

______________________________________

I would like to dedicate this chapter to krumplicica and ChiVu170302 for going on a reading spree and voting on every single one of my chapters in one night. Thanks you guys!