Chapter 6

Reader, Todoroki Shoto didn't exactly have a lot of places he considered safe. I am sure the reasons are quite obvious. This in turn means that he did not know a lot of places to take Midoriya where he could be considered safe.

Now, I know what your thinking. Oh, revered author, You are surely wondering, Oh fantastic and amazing and extremely talented author, why not give Midoriya to one of his favored classmates? Surely, oh magnificent author, they would know a safe place for Midoriya to reside.

Well, worry not, dear Reader, Todoroki had a valid reason. He wasn't just trying to keep Midoriya to himself, although that may have been a little motivation. You see, Todoroki was with everyone when the news of the arrival of Deku was broken.

It was during homeroom on the television, just like the current day. It told them how one of the most important buildings in the city was burned down and the only thing that remained whole was a costume and a note. The costume belonged to Midoriya himself. It was his hero costume. However, the note crushed any hopes the heroes may have had to save their friend after learning he could be alive. The note described how the destroyed building and the abandoned costume signified the funeral of Deku the hero, and how it also represented the reincarnation of Deku the villain.

Todoroki was there that day. He saw the looks of crushed hopes and desperation. But that wasn't all he saw. He also saw the looks of anger.

He saw the looks of thirst for revenge.

Even Uraraka and Iida couldn't hide the fury on their faces at the discovery. You can imagine how Bakugo reacted.

This is exactly why Todoroki was hesitant to take the young villain to a classmate for help. No, instead, Todoroki would take him to the most secure place he knew.

His bedroom.

Reader, here is where I kindly ask for you to take your mind out of the gutter.

There is a reason why Todoroki was bringing the young villain to his room of all places and I can assure you that whatever you are thinking is not the case. The reason is simply because it is the only place he knew that he had full access to and was not completely overlorded by Endeavor. The fiery hero was barely at home as it was, but just in case, Todoroki would make sure to keep Midoriya in the general vicinity of safety (Todoroki's bedroom).

Now, we can return to our regularly scheduled program. Todoroki carrying Midoriya bridal style.

You're welcome.

As Todoroki began walking towards his home, he began to realize some things. First of all, Midoriya was a lot lighter than he was supposed to be. He was almost a skeleton, it was a little scary. Secondly, for someone as organized and clean as Midoriya, he was covered in was too much grease and grime. It wasn't just a little bit either. It looked like the amount of dirt you would accumulate over a matter of months. It made Todoroki curious and slightly alarmed. What had Midoriya gone through to cause all of this? Then he remembered.

"No, he'll hurt Mom. He'll hurt me. H-He'll hurt you. I'll hurt you."

Midoriya's desperate voice echoed through Todoroki's head. Just who had caused Midoriya to go through hell? Who had made Midoriya become frightened and desperate, unlike the hero Todoroki had known just months before?

One thing was for sure. Our young hero was angry.

Unfortunately, Todoroki didn't know who did this or what happened until Midoriya woke up and could explain. So for now, he just had to be content with staring down at his friend's face. As the sun set, Todoroki saw a yellowish orange glow settling on the young villains face which made it seem all the more attractive. Not that Todoroki would admit that. 

After a mile or so of walking, Todoroki had reached his home which would also serve as Midoriya's safe place until this whole mess was sorted out. Hopefully, that would be relatively soon.

Before Todoroki entered his home, he made a quick scan of the rather large building. Noting that none of the lights were on, Todoroki carefully snuck his way in. Endeavor was supposed to be working late, as he always did, but Todoroki was not going to be taking any chances.

Once he reached his bedroom, our dual hair colored protagonist gently laid Midoriya down onto his futon. Then, finding himself with nothing left to do, Todoroki sat down next to Midoriya and waited.