Chapter Seventeen

Izuku had never been more wrong in his life.

Cooking was hard. Extremely hard.

Of course, Izuku had cooked before, but never without his mom around. She had always carefully guided him and now that he was on his own, Izuku was getting a taste of how painfully real it was.

How do Todoroki and Bakugo do it? Izuku asked himself.

Both were good at cooking, although to be honest, Todoroki's cooking isn't anywhere near as good as Bakugo's. He was still good though. Honestly, no matter how much I think about it, dear reader, Bakugo will always and forever remind me of a Japanese Gordon Ramsey.

I can't help it.

Anyways, back to our main story.

The point of the past one hundred and seventeen words is that Izuku is bad at cooking and misses his mother.

I'm pretty sure that at one point he set something on fire; he was in such a panic that he didn't really know what was going on, so I can't say for sure.

The house was filled with the smell of smoke when Todoroki walked in.

"What are you doing?"

Midoriya jumped, dropping the pan he had been holding.

"T-Todoroki! I was trying to cook something for you! As a thank you, you know, because of what you did for me! I'm so sorry about the mess though! I didn't think this through, and cooking is a lot harder than I thought! It's just that you've done so much for me and I wanted to repay the favor. Please don't be mad! I will take care of the mess, and..."

Izuku continued. You know, it still amazes me to this day how he is able to talk so much at once without breathing. Where does he store all of that air?

Izuku was a stammering mess; his face flushed, his ears red, and his hands making wild gestures in the air, as though performing a very poor imitation of Iida. It looked as though he had no plans of stopping anytime soon. (Seriously, where doesn't at air come from?)

Then, with no warning whatsoever, two of the most amazing miracles occurred. The first miracle began with Todoroki.

There the young hero was, standing in the kitchen doorway, watching the young villain as he freaked out and promised he would clean up his mess, when it happened.

He laughed.

Yes reader, you read that right. Shouto Todoroki, the son of Enji Todoroki, hero name, Shouto, performed a display of emotion.

His laugh sounded like a bass drum. It was a deep echoing sound; slightly similar to the laughing sound produced by All Might. However, Todoroki's laugh was a little more young, more juvenile, as though it was a new concept.

This sound, this lovely sound, is what triggered the second miracle.

Izuku Midoriya, son of Inko Midoriya, villian name, Deku, stopped talking.

I am so sorry to leave you at this cliffhanger, dear reader, but I am afraid that some business has come up that I have to attend to. It appears as though that I may be meeting up with an old friend.