Chapter 8

Todoroki didn't actually have anywhere he needed to go. He just needed to cool off so that he could understand what exactly was going on. Just this morning he was falling out of his bed and trying to juggle pulling on pants and brushing his teeth at the same time so he would not be late to school. Now he was housing one of Japan's most dangerous and most wanted criminals! Someone who used to be one of the most promising fledgling heroes!

It was a lot to take in. 

He also had to figure out his feelings. And fast.

Before Midoriya left, Todoroki found himself struggling with newfound feelings that only managed to make his social life more difficult. As if that was even possible. Unable to grasp onto the newfound feelings he had faced, Todoroki simply shoved them aside. 

He had never had a very affectionate household that was able to teach him the ways of life and love. Sure, he had his siblings, but they didn't stick around long. The moment they were able to, they "flew the coop", as some would say. Fuyumi had attempted to stick around, but it wasn't long until she had fallen in love and found herself with a child. In order to protect her new family, Fuyumi had to sacrifice her kid brother. It was the hardest choice she had to make. 

A year later, Fuyumi died in a car crash. 

Todoroki never heard from his brother-in-law or niece after that. 

It was things like this that made Todoroki unaware of feelings of affection and what they meant. This is why he shoved all of his feelings away. It was easier that way.

However, there was a slight problem.

Now that Midoriya has returned, these feelings have returned and they are stronger than ever. Granted, Midoriya's circumstances were... well, strange, but that didn't change anything. The point was, Todoroki had feelings he didn't know what to do with, and he wanted to know what to do with them immediately. 

Well, there was only one way to start.

Time for questions.

••••••••••••••••••••

Midoriya was terrified. 

He was horrified.

He was completely and utterly alone.

He doesn't suspect you, yet, the voice whispered. Kill him and be done with it. 

Think of the fame, it sneered.

Think of the awe, it screeched.

You will never want again. Everyone will admire you. Everyone will fear you. No more pain. No more hiding. You will truly be the number one villain. All you have to do, is kill the one of the most promising students a hero school could ask for. Kill him, Izuku. Kill Shoto Todoroki.

The voice continued. 

It echoed over and over in Midoriya's head. It completely took him over. In Midoriya's eyes, there was nothing in the entire world except that voice. It urged Midoriya, cooing to him, constantly justifying all of the sins murder is connected to. The voice was everything. It was constant. And it was everywhere.

Kill. Kill. Kill.

"No. No!" Midoriya whined, clutching his head as he rocked back and forth. Tears were flowing down his face in waves, his mind filled with deadly thoughts.

Death. Death!

"Please, no..." Midoriya cried. 

Kill. Kill! KILL!

"NO!!!"  Midoriya screamed. 

Silence ensued.

The voice had relented. For now. It could return at any moment, and when it did, there was a chance that Midoriya would not be prepared. Everything could go horribly wrong. 

He had to leave. 

It was the only way to keep Todoroki safe. It was the only way to save him from death.

It was decided. Midoriya would go. But first, he was in desperate need of a shower.