1 - In this beginning...

"One thing, I don't know why

It doesn't even matter how hard you try

Keep that in mind, I designed this rhyme

To remind myself of a time when I tried so hard

In spite of the way you were mockin' me

Actin' like I was part of your property

Remembering all the times you fought with me

I'm surprised it got so far

Things aren't the way they were before

You wouldn't even recognize me anymore

Not that you knew me back then

But it all comes back to me in the end

You kept everything inside

And even though I tried, it all fell apart

What it meant to me will eventually

Be a memory of a time when I tried so hard."

-In the End by Tommee Profitt (feat Fleurie and Jung Youth) .

Birmingham Small Heath, 1885

A young Mary sat enjoying a glass of wine given to her by her father as they discussed her upcoming wedding to her sweetheart Arthur Shelby.

"Are you sure about this dear, you know its not too late to cancel. You just say the word angel." Her father, the one man she could trust in the entire world. He showed Mary so much support even when she secretly hid her engagement from the world and him.

"No dad. I love Arthur, I don't think I've ever been so sure about anything in my entire life. I am sure I want this." Mary took her dads hand in hers and squeezed it slightly, giving him some assurance.

"Oh! I still can't believe it. My little Mary will be know as Mary Shelby. Eh, I tell you what that's a good name to have. It sounds strong fits you perfectly." Her mother stated proudly with a smile.

One which Mary returned gladly.

Once dinner was over Mary sat on her bed starring at the wedding dress that was hanging from the top of her wardrobe.

As much as she wanted to smile. She couldn't help but think of what her future looked like.

She knew since she was a little girl that she would have many children but only one girl.

But a few nights ago Mary went back to the old  gypsy women who foretold her all those things.

She wanted to be reassured that everything will be alright.