Moon Light Kiss (14)

I woke up with a gasp. Lawrence and Kate were watching me closely. I looked down. Crap, I was naked. I grabbed my covers and covered my bare chest.  

"How are you sleeping?" Kate asked. I didn't know if I could tell her. I could feel accusing eyes staring at me on the other side. I knew he knew. Our bond wasn't as strong as Shane's and my bond, but it was still strong.  

"I'm not sure. Can I talk with Lawrence for a little while?" I asked her as nicely as I could. She smiled at me.  

"Yeah sure no problem." Then she skipped away.  

"He got to you." Lawrence growled. He was suddenly pinning me down on the bed. I glared at him.  

"What are you still not telling me?" I asked, as I very successfully controlled the anger that threatened to come out.  

"Listen to me Liz, Shane is bad news. He is using you to get to me. He knows it kills me to know that you are falling for him." He said through his teeth. I wasn't going to let him get around my question.  

"No, you listen to me. Something is up. You know what's going on. You and I both know I already fell for him years back." I snapped. He let out a deep sigh and got off of me.  

"Yes, I do know that. Liz...I love you. I'll love you until the end of all time. You and I belong together. I don't want to fight with you. It hurts me already to see you so broken and hurt and obviously confused." He said taking my hand in his.  

"And after last night...I just...I know for a fact that we have something strong." He said looking into my eyes. I snatched my hand out of his and wrapped my covers around me before I got up. I went to my closet and just grabbed a bra, shirt, panties, and jeans. I was about to change in the bathroom, but I know there would be no point. So I just changed in front of him. I brushed my hair quickly and put my make up on. I looked in the mirror and I realized that I wasn't hurt any more. I was healed. Cool. I smiled and my beauty still stunned me.

Lawrence looked hurt and broken like me. He was sitting on the end of the bed looking at something.  

"What are you looking at?" I asked softly. He looked at me and handed me a picture. I gasped. It was Lawrence, Shane and me in the picture. We were all holding hands. I looked so awkward. I was smiling a huge smile while Lawrence and Shane were looking down at me with loving eyes. I flipped it over and gasped again. My mom left a note for me.

My dearest treasure,

When you see this, I know it will shock you. These two beautiful men love you deeply. I'm sure they will fight for you in the future. I want you to know that no matter what happens I will always love you. I'm almost positive that you will fall in love with one of these men. But you should make sure you are following your heart. Listen to it. You have been hurt countless times and it kills me. I want you to be happy and full of life. If they decide to change you and you agree, I want you to let me know. I want to be there with you through it all. I love you baby girl. Your dad loves you to. Forever and always.  

Love,  

Your best friend, mom.

I read the note over and over again. I fell to my knees and put the picture to my heart. I sat there and let all the pain and sorrow I felt out. I screamed and hit the floor several times. I reached for the choker around my neck. I had to choose. But who do I choose?  

"I was looking at that when you woke up in my bed. I was afraid I was going to loose you. You were sick and I was so scared. I love you Liz." Lawrence whispered. I shook my head back and forth slowly. I didn't want to listen to this.  

"Why didn't you show me this earlier?" I asked.  

"You were in so much pain; I knew you couldn't handle it." He said sitting beside me and put his arms around me tight.  

"You know what?" I asked.  

"What?" He asked looking a bit confused.  

"I am confused. I am broken. I'm insane. I've lost people I love. I'm not ready for any of this. So here is what I will do. I'm going to leave. I won't come back until I know what and who I want. This is the only way for me." I stood up and Lawrence's face was blank. I used that moment to get what I needed and I left. I didn't know where I was going, but I was sure as hell wasn't staying here. Although there was one thing I had to do before I left.  

I put my bags in my car and I drove to a very old cemetery.

When I arrived I looked for my dad. My mom always told me that when she left, that she would be buried by him, so they couldn't be separated. I found them and I dropped again. I put some flowers; I bought on the way here, on their graves.  

"I'm so sorry mom." I whispered. The wind blew around me lifting my hair a little. I took that as her soothing me.  

"I wish I could fix things. I want you to be alive and with me. We could go to Tennessee! Like you have always wanted to! It would be so much fun mom!" I said as if to bribe her out of being dead. The wind picked up and it sounded as if someone was laughing.  

"That's where I'm headed to now. I'm going to go there and stay until I figure out what's going to happen. I know that if you were still here, then you could just help me figure it out. But...I kind of ruined that." Then I turned to my dad's grave.  

"Dad...I'm still your little girl, I promise. I love you. And I miss you." I stood up and looked at both of them.  

"I love you both, and I wish it was just us again. None of this stupid bull shit. Sorry, I know you don't like me cussing dad. But it's true. I love you guys. Bye." I said into the wind that was gently blowing around me.

I drove off to Tennessee. I never looked back.  

"Good bye." Was all I said. Then I was out of Washington, and on my way to freedom. I hope I'm doing the right thing.

Lawrence's P.O.V

When she left, I felt my whole world break into a million pieces.  

"No!" I yelled at myself. I was yelling and hitting things. I didn't want the love of my life gone. She means so much to me! Shane! He did this to us. He confused her and made her believe his stupid bull shit.  

"I'm going to kill him!" I yelled into the empty air. Then there was a little knock at the door.  

"Come in Kate." Kate came in and looked absolutely heart broken.  

"She left...why did she leave with out telling the rest of us?" She asked in a pitiful voice.  

"Tell the rest not to worry about anything. She will be back. I'll make sure of it. I'm going to take care of this problem once and for all." I said through my teeth. Her eyes went wide.  

"What are you going to do?" She asked a little weakly.  

"I'm going to kill my brother." I said in a strong voice.  

"That would not be smart." Robert said as he entered the destroyed room with the rest of my family following behind him along with Kayla.  

"And why is that, Robert?" I asked glaring at him.  

"Lawrence, He is your brother. He can't help it if he loves her to. She's easy to love." Sam answered for him. I turned my glare on her. I couldn't keep the glare though. She was my mother. She took me in. I sighed.  

"I don't care. I will not share like we did when she was younger. She will be mine." I muttered.  

"You have to let her decide that Lawrence. What if she chooses him?" Chris said softly.