Chapter 1: Escape

Angel's POV:

I looked out at the waves as they crashed against the shore. I looked up at the moon. I breathed softly as the tranquility of the ocean soothed me. I always felt like I belong in the ocean. I always get safe when I'm around water. I feel....protected somehow. I felt like I needed an escape from my life that's why I'm out here at the beach at night. I walked along the sand then looked back at the house.

I sighed and walked over to the rocks and sat down

I sighed and walked over to the rocks and sat down. I looked out at the open sea. Why can't I be out there? No worries. No stress. Just the calm, beautiful open sea. I looked up at the house and saw my Mom's light on. Ugh. She's still awake. A tear escaped my eye but I quickly wiped it away. I haven't stopped crying since Mama beat me four months ago. I didn't even deserve it.

Mama hates me. She always had. And now even more so. She's mad at me for something that wasn't even my fault. Her and my Dad has another kid. A son. Mama loved him more than me. Dad tried to tell me that it wasn't true but I knew it was. Mama loves him more than me but she wouldn't admit it. But since the accident, she did. I remember the accident so clearly.

"Angel let's go!!" Mama called. "I said I'm coming!! I just have to get something." I said. I grabbed my phone and charger then ran out the door and downstairs. I ran to the car and got in. Mama began to back up til she stopped. "Oooh. I need my charger." She said. Then she got out and walked into the house. I put my earbuds and listened to my music.

I looked up and noticed the car was moving backwards. Oh shit!! I quickly got over into the driver's seat and stopped the car. Then my little brother unbuckled his seatbelt on his car seat and jumped down from the car. "Simon!! Simon come back!!" I cried. He playfully ran out into the street. I put the car in park and got out the car. As soon as I did, a car sped by and hit him.

I screamed as his body was flew across the road like a rag doll. "MY BABY!!" Mama cried. She ran over to him. The man in the car got out. "I am so sorry!! I didn't see him!! I lost control of my car!!" He cried. Then he got back in his car and drove away. Mama cradled Simon's lifeless body. She looked up at me and glared. "Angel what didn't you do anything?!" She asked, angrily.

"I didn't do anything!! It wasn't my fault!!" I said. "He was in his car seat before I went into the house!!" She yelled. "It wasn't my fault!! He got down by himself!!" I cried. She screamed as passerby's came around us. Some called the police but it was too late. Simon was gone. Mama continues to blame me for what happened to him four months ago. Dad tried so hard to tell Mama to not to blame me.

But she won't listen. She never does. Dad was upset too but he didn't blame me for what happened to Simon. He was at work when it happened. Mama kept abusing me whenever she got the chance. She drove Dad further away. Dad said he was gonna leave her and take me with him because she won't let go of what happened and won't stop beating me.