【GEAR 22】

✧✧✧

ωє αяє вα¢к тσgєтнєя вυт αт тнє ѕαмє тιмє, ωє αяє ησт.

✧✧✧

"First, we need to stay at Emily's. Someone must have reported me for them to come this early," Taurent announced while massaging the bridge of his nose. They were on the first train back home. Rea didn't bring anything, it was just Taurent with his suitcase.

Rea stayed silently. A frown on his face, unwilling to converse with the man. Although, they didn't really talk with each other, to begin with. He felt so useless, unable to do anything for himself, and constantly needed someone else. Rea wanted to do something as well.

The boy glanced up to the adult who sat across him. Taurent's blue eyes were looking outside at the green scenery. He was the man who had saved him but he knew what he did was wrong. Haemi who tried to rescue him ended up suffering. Rea could never make up for the mistake he made, escaping the manor and bringing misery to his friend.

Rea looked around the place he was in, a first-class section. They were separated from the outside with a sliding door. He didn't deserve all this, to be helped by a lot of people, yet he repaid them with disaster: Anne, Haemi, Oli, Jean as well as the twins.

"Master," Rea began, "Can you stop killing people?" The boy's hands were in fists on his thighs. His eyes on the floor. The clanking sound of the train's metal tire against the rail took over for some time.

"Then, will you promise to not run away anymore?"

Rea nodded.

"Liar."

Rea's head shot up and he was met with a pair of cold ocean eyes. Taurent's facial expression was stern. Rea flinched under his gaze and averted his sight to somewhere else before he replied, "I won't run away anymore. Never again."

Taurent was not satisfied with the answer. His chest was still filled with anger, yet he wouldn't show it to the boy. After all, he wanted to keep him and not to scare him away. "If you try to run away, I will stitch the boy's head to a doll of your choosing as a reward for your effort. Don't push me, Rea."

The room fell into silence once again as the face of the freckled boy filled Rea's mind. He must have started to hate him for bringing chaos into his life. He was the cause for the death of Haemi's parents. He was to blame.

Why is it at this time, all I can do is cry and be helpless? Rea thought to himself. Tears welled in his eyes as he tried to prevent them from falling. However, the clear crystal still dropped on his pants. With his sleeve, he wiped his tears away.

Taurent who saw this scene couldn't help but sigh. He sat next to the boy and brought him to his arms, rubbing soothing circles on his back, "You see, after all that, he threw you away. He didn't want you anymore. Now you understand, it is always just you and me."

Rea let out soft cries, knowing the adult would despise the sound, he bit down on his lips. Even after all this time, Rea couldn't reject the murderer who loved him more than anyone else. He should have just stayed and none of this would happen.

"Remember, we need to be fast. I have another house on the outskirt. We will live there from now on since I am a wanted man. We'll leave everything behind, the dolls, the shop and them. We start all over, is that okay?" Taurent soothing voice successfully calmed the boy down.

"We'll start all over," Rea nodded in agreement. He snuggled his face to the man's broad shoulder, his arms tightened around the big figure. Both of them ignored the judging eyes of the few people who walked past through their cube and watched them through the transparent glass. All they could feel was the peace they had in each other's hold.