【GEAR 8】

✧✧✧

υηтιℓ уσυ αяє вяσкєη, уσυ ∂ση'т кησω ωнαт уσυ αяє мα∂є σƒ.

✧✧✧

Rea remembered the moment very clearly. He was strolling around the building in his wheelchair. He hadn't had his artificial legs at that time because Taurent was still working on them. The pain was already gone and he had fully recovered. He wouldn't mind living in a wheelchair, but Taurent was persistent to get him a pair of legs that would really suit him.

Oli and Jean often came to his rooms to talk quietly. The big house felt even more empty when the master of the manor preferred them to speak softly and politely. Manners were taught to every member of the household including his own wife. It was no surprise that the man desired a peaceful environment as he spent his time with his dolls in his working room, favoring the non-living entities that could neither talk nor move.

That day, Taurent was away to meet a client of his. A man had paid him for a wedding dress design for his future wife. It was hard to have Taurent to design a piece for someone because he only made the best designs for the people he deemed worthy. But, he was paid a high price, even more expensive than the average cost.

It was out of the ordinary when Sasha invited Rea to her art room. Rea was told by the other boys that the lady was a very talented artist. Taurent and Sasha often worked together to design clothes, even the servant's uniforms were designed by the woman. However, the dresses the lady wore would always be Taurent's original work.

Canvases could be seen everywhere in the room. The sketches of different designs of clothing fascinated Rea. He moved around while the lady positioned her canvas near the window. She softly called for him, saying that she wanted to draw him.

Since his arrival, the master never stopped mentioning Rea to the lady, so she wanted to see him more clearly. Sasha specifically requested for Rea to sit on the window ledge, claiming it would be better to use the natural light. The breeze was blowing gently against his face as the lady talked to him.

"You know Rea, Taurent used to spend his time adoring me. When we first met at an art exhibition, we felt like we belonged to each other until we got married."

Rea stayed quiet, attentively listening to the lady. She mentioned their dates were fun and just like any other couples'. Both of them were talented beings that acted as if they were among the normal.

Rea couldn't help but notice that the sunlight reflecting on her skin made her look like an angel. Every stroke she made was as gentle and as soft as silk. Rea loved this calm side of her, when she was not shouting to the servants or when she was not arguing with the master.

"How do you like it here, Rea?" she questioned. Rea answered that he was thankful to be taken in because the house he was in before was a disaster. Here, Rea was a bit freer even with the rules. She put her brush down and turned over the canvas. Rea was amazed by the sketches she made.

Then, the lady asked him to come closer. Rea was bewildered, thinking about how she knew quite well that he couldn't move like ordinary people do but still asked him to move. He even needed her help when he tried to sit on the window ledge.

Sasha was annoyed and the click of her tongue didn't go unnoticed by the boy. Apologies immediately came out of the boy's lips. He spoke of his regret for being unable to be useful for the household. She smiled and stepped closer, caressing his cheeks softly.

"Do you want to help me, Rea?"

The boy quickly nodded. She mentioned how lonely she was since the boy entered the house and Rea felt guilty from hearing the statement. She played with his hair, traced the shape of his eyes, moved to his button nose and lips, down to his neck and there, Rea's surroundings became light. The distance between him and her increased. All of the sudden, his awareness became dark.

✧✧✧

Rea sat silently; well he was a quiet boy to begin with. The door to his room wasn't closed properly so he figured Taurent would come in. Maybe he would bring him food or a change of clothes as always.

The sight of Haemi kneeling in front of the master was surprising. Haemi's words from the day before still plagued Rea. Don't push me away from him, he had said. He wanted to be friends that bad? Rea laughed softly at the thought. He heard a soft knock and saw Taurent standing by the door with a tray of food, as expected.

His face was solemn. Rea thought of the numerous possibilities of reasons. Was it because of the accident? Was it because he broke his legs after it was fixed on the same week? Or was it simply because of Haemi? For Rea, as a young boy, it was not a wrong thing to let a member of the household mingle no matter how antisocial they could be, but it was different with Taurent.

Taurent's way of showing care was unlike other people. If he could prevent even a scratch to lay on Rea, he would, even if it meant to not let the other go out from the house. Perhaps it was his obsession driving him. Haemi could come with an innocent cause of being his friend, but for Taurent it was as if the youngster would take the black-haired boy away from him.

Taurent put the tray on the table beside Rea's bed. He sat down on the chair, head down. His breathing was uneven and his body shook lightly. Rea could now see the silent tears dripping down the man's face. Rea was aware of the other's fixation on him, but to shed tears for this matter was a bit too much for the young boy to understand. It was not as if Rea was gravely injured. An artificial leg was not the same as a limb made of bones and flesh.

Truth was, that was not one of the blonde's worries. The young boy carefully landed his hand on top of the adult's head, attempting to calm him down. A man who was always so composed could show his weak side only to the one who had stayed with him. No one in the house could make him feel as content as he was now. After all, it was only just Taurent and Rea inhabiting the big manor.

Taurent swatted the smaller hand away gently, gaining his self-control and rising to his feet. In his usual manner, the man instructed him to brush his teeth before bed as he had other things to tend to.

A lie.

Even though Taurent recovered his confidence, it was merely a show outside. Inside, it was filled with the cry of a child that wished to be accepted.

How pathetic, Taurent thought to himself. He walked outside of Rea's room to a room below. He closed the door behind him and stepped towards the beautiful figure. His back was on the wall as he slid down, hopeless. He stared without any emotions shown on his face to the body in front of him.

"Why did you leave me? I only want to see you in your most perfect form that you could be," He put his face in the palm of his hands as he started to laugh. He gripped his hair, and then started to grate his teeth together.

"I don't understand why you would object me, Sasha," his voice trailed off as he started to moan in an indescribable sadness, a sorrow that could only be comprehended by an extremely infatuated person to perfection as Taurent.