The Healing Power of Water

Take a deep breath. Take a deep breath. She repeated to herself as she raised her head up from the pillow and opened the window. She heard him to slam his door again. He must have gone to one of his friends in town. And who knows how long it was going to take until she heard from him again. She was never getting used to his leavings in anger.
She stood in front of the window. The breath in her lungs didn't feel enough. She took deep and fast breaths. They were never enough. For about ten minutes she tried to breathe regularly and properly. Did it work? She couldn't tell.
She went into the bathroom. She tried to see her face in the mirror. The vision was blurred. In a few seconds she could see her face. Her face! She would have preferred that she hadn't seen it. Too late. Her eyes were like a frog's. Her lips a fish's. How come she could make fun of herself in such a situation! She knew she was not normal. As she thought this, a little smile appeared on her face which gave a little pain.
She turned on the tap of the shower. The healing power of water. It hadn't been too long since she discovered this.
Even the sound of running water started something. Now she realised she could breathe normally. She got undressed and stepped in.
It took about one hour. She got out of the shower and stood in front of the mirror again. The muscles on her face were smoother. She looked a bit relaxed. But not completely. Not until the second best way of relaxation took place: sleeping.
She dried her hair, put on her pyjamas and went directly to bed.