Don't Come Back

It was only a week after she arrived in Edinburgh when she received that expected yet devastating email from her younger sister. She remembered having read it with goosebumps all over her body and a prickly buzz in her brain.
Asma was her younger one. The youngest of all four sisters. Maybe because grew up in her hands, she had a special place in her heart. They could have planned to escape from the country of hopelessness together. But no. She has always looked more like the others. No matter how hard she tried to see even a faint light of hope to dare to set off with her, it was always to her disappointment that she found no reason to believe they were alike. Asma. She had already been flirting her future husband secretly when she was about the leave.
Do not come back. As if she had the tiniest doubt that she would have to go back one day! Among all those frightful paragraphs, this last sentence stroke like a lightning in her head. Her little one sounded so sure of herself that she collapsed in the chair. She knew how the others would react. She knew she would have to hear all those threats one day. She knew no one would show merci to what she did and she knew turning back would mean walking into her death. But Asma? The only memory she wanted to keep vivid out of the misty darkness she left behind. This was too much to bear.

That was when it all began.