Stepping into Freedom

She was not going to live her "sisters'" destiny. If she was sure about only one thing in this world, that was it.
She had left her life in Afghanistan two years ago. She had had enough. She wanted a brand new life with everything behind. Her fiance who drove her crazy with a reasonless jealousy made her take this decision even more quickly. She was not born to live a life that was not her own. She was different. She knew this deep inside. Different from all the other women who tried to make her believe that "she" was the inferior gender. She hated it. Why women were to live with men will? That made no sense. What is more, she was running out of patience as she grew older and realize more about this inequality. That was the end of it. She knew that was. When she walked in the street with a skirt on. When she refused to wear her "burka". That was a shock for her people. Not a single person would understand this. Not a single person would back her. Even her "sisters". Didn't she always believe they were even more cruel than men? She gave a proof to her thoughts with this protest she made. There and then she knew for sure that she didn't have one more day in her life to waste amongst those musty brains. She went back directly to her room which was supposed to remain hers until her unavoidable wedding day coming in a couple of months. Her father hadn't heard about his daughter's shameful steps yet. So the biggest bomb hadn't exploded yet. Her father. A prestigious man whereabouts. One of the rooted family boys. One of the respected men. Men! God's favourite children. He made her get engaged to another prestigious man. Men cooperation! She didn't have a one-word-right on her life. When he heard about the news...
She didn't give it a damn. She started packing.