Nothing to Say

"Nonsense! What do you mean we are from different worlds? Why can't we create a world of our own then?"
She remained silent. But inside her brain there was that tornado of words. The fact that this attitude of hers made people crazy was not new. But, what could have she said? Never something that she didn't believe in her heart. He thought she wasn't feeling anything at all. Let him think so, she said to herself. What difference would it make if he knew that wasn't true? It was there. Obvious. They didn't belong to each other. "Let him think so."
He was trying to calm himself down, but the more silent she kept, the more difficult it was getting for him to achieve that.
"I don't understand? Why don't you try to make me understand? Come on, you can very well express your feelings when you want to. Why are you so silent? Have you run out of your WORDS?!"
Words. They always have the power of saying what has never been said before, she used to say. Wasn't it amazing? They were the most precious treasure of human kind. Never use them recklessly! She had many valuable words. She used them carefully. The best meanings were often given with the smallest number of words. He was well aware of her love with words. Now he was teasing with it.
She looked into his eyes which were red with anger now. Two drops of tear trembled inside her eyes. But no. They didn't fall. Once she had the smallest wink, they would have rushed down on her cheeks. So before letting this unfortunate scene take place, she shut the door of her room and turned the key in the lock. How successful! Tears are the symbol of failure. Really, who had taught this to her?
He stood in the hall all by himself. That wasn't what he deserved. She was not able to care about him then. She buried her face into her pillow and started sobbing.
Still, she could hear him slam the door of his room.