Chapter 30: Stubborn

Pic cred to rightful owner

Ignore the mistakes plz :)

Third Person POV

Taehyung looks at Jeongguk, his hands shaking a little in Jeongguk's hold and the alpha was looking at Yongsu with fire in his eyes.

Taehyung doesn't care what Yongsu said, all he cares about is Jeongguk and what he's thinking, what he'll say---what he will think about him. Taehyung's eyes was glistening as he keeps looking at Jeongguk's side profile.

Yongsu was looking at the two with a smirk and if Taehyung wasn't holding him right now, he would've killed Yongsu right there and then but of course Taehyung wouldn't want any trouble right now.

Not tonight, on their date.

"Did you, Tae?" Yongsu utters, his tone taunting.

"He did. Like I said before, he told me everything." Taehyung's eyes widen when he hears Jeongguk say these words. The alpha looking at Yongsu still.

"And the only reason I'm not hurting you is because I'll do that all to Kyung and then you." Jeongguk says, voice low and threatening. "You will be nothing once Kyung is out of picture."

"And what can you do, Mr. Jeon? Despite threatening me?" Yongsu utters, still smug even though he thought Jeongguk didn't know about him being Taehyung's ex.

"Trust me, you'll know. Until then, keep thinking that you can rule the world." Jeongguk spats and his grip tightens on Taehyung's hand. The omega never once looked away from him.

Taehyung never told Jeongguk about Yongsu but here the alpha is, protecting him once again from the shame that would've followed if he didn't say he already told him. Yongsu would've won in embarrassing Taehyung but Jeongguk didn't let that happen.

Taehyung wonders what more Jeongguk has in store for him to knock him off of his feet and make his heart skip a beat.

What's stopping you now? What more do you need? Taehyung's mind kept asking and the omega is stuck in his thoughts.

As he said before, he doesn't want to hurt Jeongguk. It's just feels like he might end up doing the same. He's utterly scared of this one thing.

"But if you try to come near Taehyung, I swear you'll regret it." Jeongguk gritts his teeth.

"Relax, Mr. Jeon, your omega will come back to me himself." Yongsu smirks. Hearing this, Taehyung frowns, now finally looking at Yongsu who stands there as if he can have all he want in matter of seconds.

"You played me once, do you think I'm stupid enough to let you do that again?" Taehyung utters.

"No but I'm just gonna say, first love can't be forgotten." Yongsu says and Taehyung chuckles bitterly.

"You were salty all the time just because I never loved you." Taehyung utters and now Jeongguk looks at him.

"That's because you're a fucking whore---".

It all happened in a mere second, one moment Jeongguk was close to Taehyung, holding his hand and the other, he was in front of Yongsu, hand curled around his throat and a crack could be heard when Jeongguk punched him.

Taehyung stays there, stunned and unable to comprehend what happened.

"Fucking say that again about him and you won't breath the next moment!" Jeongguk growls.

And Taehyung doesn't stop him. Doesn't care anymore because Yongsu has no right to ruin his life and Jeongguk's either. He can't let Yongsu take away the happiness that he finally feels with Jeongguk.