Chapter 28

A/N: Thank you for 10k reads, loves!❤ Please share my book with your friends, I would really appreciate it.😊 Oh and I'm sorry that I took long to update. I can finally say I've experienced something called writer's block.😐 Yeah, it's not nice. Not at all. Anyway, I do hope you can forgive me. It's been a month - if I'm not wrong - since I've updated. And now you know why. Sorry.😕

WARNING: MENTIONING OF RAPE AND ABUSE!!!

Carry on, loves!💃🏽

***

Leandro's POV:

I stared at Kayleigh's face the whole time as we took a walk through the park, each of us holding a cool drink in our hands. She had a little smile on her face as she stared at the kids playing on the swings.

She awed as we both watched a little girl run towards her brother, helping him up after he fell to the ground. She smiled at him and gave him a kiss on the cheek before they both ran to their mother.

Kayleigh stared at them until they disappeared from our view. She sighed and looked down at her feet. I stopped walking, causing her to stop. "Okay, are you alright? You've been quiet since we left the company." I said.

She sighed again and turned to face me. "I'm fine." I raised my left eyebrow. She rolled her eyes. "What do you want me to say, Leandro? I'm not alright, okay? I'm used to people leaving me and not needing me. But the one person I could always rely on was my father. And now.." her voice cracked, her eyes watering. She sighed, "And now he also doesn't need me."

"That's not tru--"

"Isn't it?" She interrupted me. "He basically told me that he never wanted me to begin with. He said he regretted ever having me. How am I supposed to take that, Leandro?!" Tears started falling.

"Ella--"

"Do not call me by that name! First, my dad basically tells me that I was a mistake. And now you take me out to, what, cheer me up? You and your brother were just threatening me and my sister yesterday! And now you wanna act like we are buddies?!" She was breathing heavily now, her chest moving up and down.

I tried to say something but she interrupted me again. "For your information; I'm staying because I can't stand my father right now, not because of you! I told you everything you wanted to know about me, you can let me go now! I don't wanna become a burden!"

She tried to turn around and walk away, but I grabbed her arm and pulled her towards me. Before she could protest, I smashed my lips against hers. Not waiting for her to get over the shock, I slipped my tongue into her mouth, earning a soft moan from her.

I pulled away after a while, allowing both of us to catch a breath. She breathed heavily, her lips a little swollen. "And for your information," I said with a little sass. She giggled, causing me to smirk. "You're not a burden. I want you to stay here, so I can protect you because, believe it or not, I do care about you. You're unique."

She smiled brightly. "Well, thank you, Mr. DiVaio."

I chuckled, caressing her cheek with my hand. "You're welcome, Ms. Carter."

She gave me a teasing smirk and I knew what was coming next. "So, we're dating now?"

My eyes widened slightly. "Excuse me, what?"

"I could've sworn that you just admitted to me that you like me." She said, tapping her chin with her finger.

"Nuh-uh, I didn't say I like you. I said I care about you. Don't twist my words, Kayleigh." I said. "You're never going to here those words coming from my mouth."