Chapter 13

*WARNING: EXPLICIT PART COMING UP!*

***

Kayleigh's POV

My heart was racing. Reality had just sunk in. I was never getting out of this hell hole. The only way I could get out was in a body bag. I would never see my family again. And they would never know.

I wondered what they thought of me now. They probably thought I was still upset.

I missed them. All of them. My best friends, my half sister and my dad. I needed to hug them one more time. Just one more time.

I missed my dad's hugs, I missed my sister's annoying laugh and I missed Lisa's cooking.

"Morning." Maria greeted.

I gave her a forced smile. "Hey."

"You okay?" She asked.

"No, not really. And I don't think I'll ever be okay, not while I'm still here."

"I'm sorry, Kayleigh. I really am. You don't deserve this, you really don't."

"Well, then help me escape." I pleaded.

"I can't. And even if I wanted to, Leandro would catch us even before we exited the estate." She said.

I closed my eyes and inhaled sharply.

"I wish he would just die!" I growled, unable to control my anger anymore.

"Careful what you wish for, butterfly." A booming voice said, startling me.

I turned, only to see Leandro standing at the bottom of the staircase. I didn't even hear him entering.

"Fuck you." I growled.

"Hmm." He chuckled. "Maria, would you excuse us." He said to Maria.

Maria hesitated for a second but I just gave her an affirmative nod and she left the both of us in the living room.

Leandro stalked dangerously towards me, holding a file in his hands. He had a sly smirk on his face.

I raised a brow, wondering what he was up to now.

"So," he started. "I had Luca do some research for me. About you."

He said and I froze.

"Oh.." I said.

"Yeah, and you won't believe what he found. Well, let me enlighten you." He opened the file. "Kayleigh Ella Carter, child of Maverick Carter and Jessie Carter. But here's the thing," he turned to me. "I did some research on this 'Jessie Carter' and I couldn't find anything on her."

"So, Kayleigh Carter, where is your mother and who is she?" He asked.

I looked away. "I don't know. I never knew my mother. She died the day I was born." I said.

"Oh, really?" He asked.

"Mm-hm." I nodded.

He grabbed my jaw gently and turned my face to his.

"Look me in the eyes when you speak, Kayleigh." He said with his husky voice, making me shiver. And not out of fear.

His eyes dropped to my lips and mine did the same. He leaned in, making my breath hitch.

"What are you doing to me?" He whispered, his lips brushing against my lips.

He kissed my chin.

"And I'm.." he cleared his throat. "I'm sorry about yesterday, I lost my temper. And I know this is shocking, but Lorenzo made me promise to apologize to you. And I'm a man of my promises."