Chapter 5

Kayleigh's POV

I ran to the bedroom after Leandro yelled at me. My heart was racing, I was sweating, panting...let's just say that I was a MESS.

I tried listening in on their conversation but, sadly for me, they were talking in Italian, so I couldn't hear them.

"CHE CAZZO È SUCCESSO?! DIMMELO ORA, LUCA!" I could hear Leandro yelling.

( WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED? TELL ME NOW, LUCA! )

"LEANDRO, CALM DOWN!" Lorenzo tried to calm him down.

"BACK OFF, ENZO!"

I heard a loud thud and someone yelled in pain.

"CAPO! Non è colpa sua, sono quello in colpa." Another voice said.

( BOSS! It's not his fault, I'm the one at fault. )

Boom!

There was a gun shot and I screamed a little before covering my mouth. I heard someone yelling in pain.

"AAAARGH!"

"Nessuno è in colpa, siamo stati aggrediti da una stupida folla Francese. Eravamo fuori numerati e--"

( No one's at fault, we were attacked my some idiot French mob. We were out numbered and-- )

"AND WHAT?! YOU LOST MY MONEY?!"

"LO SIENTO! PER FAVORE!"

( I'M SORRY! PLEASE! )

"SHUT UP!" Leandro yelled.

I walked out of the bedroom and went downstairs.

Entering the living room, I saw Leandro standing over an older looking man and pointing his gun at the poor man.

I tried to say something but was cut off when the woman who told me to come downstairs for breakfast entered the room.

"Leandro, what are you doing?" She yelled a little, her heavy accent coming out.

"Leave him, let him kill me!" The old man chuckled, blood coming out of his mouth... I'm guessing that someone punched him.

Wait...KILL?

I didn't understand what was going on. What could be so important?

Leandro laughed, and not that joyous laugh, it was a laugh that said: 'Hold me before I kill someone!' And it kinda scared me.

He took out a gun and pointed it at the man. What surprised me was that he pulled out a different gun.

How many guns does this guy have?

He cocked the gun.

"You're just a brat. You're not fit to be a Mafia King. Your father made a mistake when he chose you-"

Bang!

He shot the man.

"NO!" I yelled, my heart started beating fast as they all turned their heads to look at me except for Leandro.

Their eyes were all wide. They all halted and no one said anything, we all just stood in dead silence.

Leandro finally looked at me and he had no emotions in his eyes. He was the same man I met yesterday.

"How long have you been standing there?" He asked, it almost came out as a growl.

Avoiding his cold look, I replied. "I-I heard..everything." tears were already coming out.