Chapter 17

Writer's POV

Surprised was nothing compared to what Kayleigh was feeling at that moment. She looked with wide eyes as Cameron hugged everyone, Caleb hugged everyone except for Santiago. They just shook hands. You could see the sadness in Santiago's eyes.

Kayleigh slowly got up without anyone noticing her. She walked towards them and stood behind Leandro. They didn't notice her until she cleared her throat, making it obvious that she was there.

They all turned to look at her. Cameron and Caleb's smiles immediately faded. Both their eyes widened. Leandro pulled Kayleigh towards him and made her stand next to him. He turned to Cameron and Caleb.

"Boys, this is Ka--"

"Kayleigh?" They both said.

All of them became confused as to how the twins knew Kayleigh. Kayleigh cocked her eyebrow. Cameron gulped, his rubbing his neck. He was nervous and so was Caleb. They both tried opening their mouths but nothing came out.

Kayleigh stepped forward and looked both of the boys straight into their eyes. They looked at anything but Kayleigh's eyes. They knew she was confused.

She cleared her throat, making the twins look at her. They had to look down because she was way shorter than them.

"So, Santiago DiVaio is your father?" She asked.

"Yes, I am their father." Santiago said. "I'm sorry, how do you know each other?" He asked.

"She's our best friend." Cameron said.

Kayleigh chuckled darkly, shocking the others. But the twins had goosebumps. They were on the edge on wetting their pants. It was funny actually, how these tall, buff guys were scared of such a petite girl.

She glared at the twins, throwing daggers. "No, no, no. We're not best friends. Best friends tell each other everything. Best friends don't hide these kind of secrets from each other." She spat, her blood boiling.

"Listen, Kayleigh, we couldn't tell you." Caleb explained quickly.

She laughed darkly. "You couldn't tell me? FUCK THAT!! I WAS YOUR BEST FRIEND!! WHERE WAS THE MOTHERFUCKING TRUST?! HUH?! WHERE?!" She snapped.

Caleb looked taken back. He furrowed his brows. "Was? What do you mean? Kay, you're still our best friend." He said, reaching out to touch her.

Kayleigh's left eye twitched and she gave him a warning look, making him step back.

"I am not your best friend, dickhead. You are the worst cunning motherfuckers. You are conniving little bitches. And I want NOTHING to do with you!" Her eyes started watering and they knew that she was upset.

Cameron glanced at his twin and walked slowly towards his father, hiding behind him. They all wanted to laugh but nobody dared to.

"What are you doing, Mauricio?" Santiago asked, amusement evident in his voice.

"Well, the last time she got angry, she took it out all on me. Now Marcello is her victim." Cameron said with wide eyes.

Santiago shook his head.

Caleb looked up and sighed. He took off his leather jacket and rolled up his sleeves.

"Please, don't do too much damage to my face." He pleaded.

The men watched her in amusement, waiting to see what she would do to him.

She growled and launched for him. With all her might, she raised her fists and hit him hard in the tummy, making him grunt. He stood straight and she kicked him in his family jews where the sun don't shine.