Forty Three

I was lazily watching the sun set on my balcony, waiting for them to eventually finish reading their agreements that they'd signed without much thought initially, seeing the procession arriving at the gates. It seemed that the prince had made his decision.

It had taken a week for them to carefully read through the paperwork and another week to explain it to the new arrivals. Their entrances were grandeur.

"It seems that a marriage between the nations can invite even the loftiest of bastards." Helia said, leaning over the balcony to watch the carriages pass by. "Even the High King of Elmar is here."

I smiled at Helia, immediately catching his attention and putting him on guard. "You seem to enjoy blocking my view."

He stepped away immediately.

"Why exactly did you suggest marriage to that stick up the ass kitten?"

"Kitten?" I snorted. "That man is a dormant volcano waiting to erupt. I'm quite interested in learning exactly when eruption will take place and what will cause it."

"You have a strange view on the world and those around you." Felix commented.

"No, not entirely. I can just see deeper than what is shown. For instance: you had both hoped I would eventually end up with the both of you instead. I have to apologise. My interest in you two had never been beyond that of you being the doppelgangers of Felix the five hundred year old wizard and his bloodline descendant."

I moved into my room where I moved behind the curtain to change and quickly got dressed into my armor, putting on the helmet to hide my face. I walked out, much to the discomfort of the twins, and walked back to the balcony.

I watched as they gathered in the courtyard directly below my balcony. The Zkaldkin family eagerly welcoming the others, they stood outside basking in the sun and seeming to get to know one another.

"Now as for the marriage between our families. Which of these fine young men will be marrying my daughter?" An older man asked as he pushed a girl who looked no older than twelve forward.

"Your daughter?" Lavin and Sebia looked to one another for a moment before they looked to Prince Dusk. Slowly they looked up to where I was standing and the rest followed.

"Is that the great warrior we've heard of? The one who has subdued most of your opposing threats? He looks puny."

The Zkaldkins smirked to one another, watching as I tilted my head to the side.

I stepped onto the balcony, catching those who did not know me off guard, and jumped from the balcony, falling ten flights down, only to land on the ground so quietly it had been as though I had merely stepped forward. I moved to stand beside Marcellus without a word, watching as the older men eyed me with surprise. The twins dropped down behind me, much louder than I had, and came to stood three feet behind me as personal guards should.

"This is the one up for marriage." Sebia patted my helmet. "And yes, this is also the one keeping our borders safe."

"What is his level?" Asked my soon to be father-in-law.

"We never really tested it." Informed Lavin. "But the Morningstars should be familiar with it to some degree."

I watched as my father in this realm and Celeste's father eyed one another.

Taking that as my que I removed the helmet and smiled towards the Morningstar family.

"Hello mother, father, grandmother and grandfather. How have you been?"

"Celeste!" Derrick Morningstar grabbed me and held me in a tight embrace. "Where have you been my darling child?!"

"Well, I came here, drawn to Marcellus." I looked over my shoulder to Marcellus who was standing with a stiff expression for once.