Twenty

We stared at one another for moments when he moved a fiery hand to cup my cheek. What had felt almost like a mate's touch I came to realize was his own skin creating the illusion. It was damn near close enough to the real thing that it damned nearly had me convinced that it was real.

I felt myself being pulled in by the mere look in his eyes.

"Who am I? You will have to guess, love. When one day you guess correctly, I will let you go." He pushed a strand of my hair behind my ear. "How docile you seem when injected with my special serum." He held up a syringe, a milky substance inside it. "I made this one especially for you."

The syringe was laid down on a table that held several other shiny and sharp objects that I noticed only now. The entire room seemed to have been roughly carved out of the rock, one whole wall open, showing me a view of glass fitted into what seemed to be the side of a mountain. Beyond that, I could see nothing but forestry. It was clear that wherever I was, it would not be easily found.

My eyes found a small hallway leading away from here.

"What are you?" I asked as my eyes landed on him where he was standing with his back facing me now.

"If I tell you, it will take away from the fun game we are going to start soon."

"What do you want from me, then?"

"I told you, we will be..."

"Playing a game." I finished for him, my head starting to swim again. "Is there a purpose?"

"I merely wish to help you..." He looked back at me. "I have seen the power your body holds. You claim to wear charms that dull your powers as to not scare the clans and packs. But the truth is, you are unsure as to how to keep control of your powers when unleashed for too long. I'm right, aren't I?"

I frowned as I looked him over.

"I can help you control it, but for that, you need to trust me." he walked towards me again, holding me around the waist as he reached to undo one of my shackles and then the other.

"Why help me?" I asked as he set me down on my feet, going to unshackle my feet.

"You are not a White Celestial like your mother and grandfather, and neither are you a Black Celestial. You are even more unique than that. But your mother cannot teach you and your grandfather cannot know about your true nature unless you get stronger. Your great grandfather is the reason I hide. So think of my helping you as revenge on your bloodline because I'm rather sick of their discrimination against anything remotely threatening the White Celestial Rule."

[! . !]

Around the same time in the Werewolf Kingdom

King Dovenos

I stood outside with my seemingly bettering Beta and the newly chosen Gamma Gerard, behind us stood my mate and sons as well as the rest of the Gamma bloodline. In front of us stood the highest warriors of the royal guard in two lines, awaiting the many Alphas and clan leaders who came to talk of the newly forged alliances. 

Hours came and went as we greeted each and handed them over to a handler that took them to their places of rest, obviously splitting them by species. However, what surprised me was a large amount of single draconian generals who showed up. What surprised me even more, however, was the hostility they showed towards the wilder looking dragons who called themselves the exiled.

And as they were glaring at one another a strange sight greeted our sights, a large wolf standing on top of an even larger pure white dragon. Both shifted a moment before they landed, revealing the parents of Macey King. Sebastian and Lavine King; both looking as young as Macey did; approached, one with a large smile and the other with a sharp assessing look in the eyes.