Chapter 26: And Believe Me, I'll love You Always, Always

Camila's POV:

Paris:

The rest of the time we spent in Paris was incredible...

After our adventure up the Eiffel tower, Lauren and I walked back to the hotel- moving slowly through the alleys and streets to our room- passing all of the homes, restaurants, hotels and shops for the second time that day- still hustling with people...

The people surrounding us were all unique- wearing different clothes, speaking different languages- all of them living in their own worlds... As if they were characters in a story- enjoying the food, music and entertainment that filled the streets...

We spent the rest of the weekend talking with the directors, event co-ordinators and marketers-talking over everything that was needed for Jauregui Multinational to expand into Europe before the start of the new season...

From discussing the building of the new branch, to the advertising of the expansion, to the completion of the events themselves- Lauren and I covered it all... We had exhausted most of our time stuck inside office buildings- trying to get our pitch approved before we had to head back to Miami...

However, the times we spent outside of the office were amazing... Lauren was by my side for the whole duration of the trip, letting us bond over work... and over pleasure...

She took me to all the best places... From exploring the streets of Paris, to sightseeing, to going to all of the best restaurants and listening to the best local music they had to offer- we made the most of the time we had...

Even the time we spent in the hotel was precious- giving us the all the time we needed to adjust to 'living' with one another... Preparing us for the moment when I finally moved in with Lauren... permanently...

We got back onto the plane on the Sunday night- exhausted but content- knowing we had closed every deal we had to in order to expand into France...

Before our trip I thought Lauren and I couldn't get any closer, but Paris proved that wrong...

Lauren was no longer that closed off, isolated person who was scared to let me in when we first met a year ago... She had become the most genuine, kind hearted, loving person- and she let me see that more and more everyday...

She continued to open up to me- surprising me with how much she trusted our relationship... and how much she trusted me- even after her experience with Lucy...

Everyday we continued to talk more about our pasts... and our futures... making our relationship stronger than ever...

Miami:

I was sat at my desk- the memories of our Paris weekend away still circulating about in my memory...

I was organising everything from the meetings in Paris into files... From the notes, to the spreadsheets, to the graphs- I carefully placed them all into the filing cabinets behind me...

I was interrupted by a knock at the door... and I looked up to see Dinah was leaning awkwardly against the doorframe- giving me a wide smile...

"Hey Mila... how was Paris?" She said cheerfully,

"It was fun... when we had the time anyway... we were just super busy- we didn't stop all weekend..." I smiled- defeated, leaning back into my chair...

"Fun?" She smirked, walking further into the room and sitting in the seat opposite me...

I giggled "You know what I mean..."

"Of course I do Mila..." She laughed,

"Dinah..." I warned- giving her a sarcastic glare...

"Ok Mila...." She said suspiciously... Before looking up at me excitedly, "Well anyways..." She began, "I'm here Because Normani, Ally and I were going to leave work early in a few minutes to go to and have lunch... We were so busy helping you and Lauren with the Paris project we haven't had any time to catch up... and of course you're invited... The girls just wanted me to check you didn't have too much to do... Because if you're super busy we don't want you to get behind..." she smiled,

"Of course I'll come... The four of us haven't been together in so long..." I smirked, "I've missed you guys so much you have no idea..."

"We missed you too Mila..." Dinah said, reciprocating the smile before standing up...

I did the same, picking up my blazer up from the back of the chair... putting it on and following her out of the room towards the lift...

Dinah took us to a winery and restaurant in downtown Miami...
It was huddled despondent amongst the huge city buildings- with what felt like hundreds of people rushing by it outside on the crowded street...
There was nothing slick about the exterior- it had no fancy fonts or white etching upon the glass, and nothing but a plain white material making up the outside of the building...

As the door swung open, the half a dozen customers glanced up, heralded by the blast of chilled wind that had entered the restaurant...

Inside, the interior was almost as basic as the buildings exterior... There were long wooden tables positioned parallel with the walls of the room- wooden stools aligning everyone...
On the dark hardwood floor there were barrels placed randomly, most likely filled to the top with wine- with obvious little taps on the sides...

There were wine racks pressed up against the back wall- covered in wine bottles... They were all arranged neatly- all a mix of different shapes, sizes and colours... Some bottles were green- filled with mahogany red wine, and others were clear, filled with liquid gold... lush white wine...

It was a dimly lit room- filled with a comfortable warmth and soft jazz... It was fairly quiet with little conversation- and, as a result, I pondered this chance to rest for a moment- drinking in the aroma of the place...

I was interrupted by a tall man looming over me... Who cleared his throat before giving me a small smile...

"What can I get for you ladies today?" He said cheerfully, looking at us all with anticipation,

In his hand he held a small writing pad and a biro... and he scribbled on to the paper as we spoke...

I ordered wine for the four of us- the girls putting all of their trust into my choices...
After all... with all of the time I had spent with Lauren I knew exactly what to get... From Miami, to New York, to Los Angeles, to Paris- she had made sure I tried the nicest wine every place had to offer... She knew the best, and always went out of her way to make sure I had it...

We then ordered our food- and we sat engaged in a deep conversation as we waited for it to arrive... From relationships, to food, to music, to travel- we made sure to cover everything- and it was beginning to feel like we hadn't been apart in the first place...

Even after our food arrived, we continued to talk- wrapped up in an almost endless conversation...

Suddenly, the buzzer of my phone went off... it vibrated against the wooden table- Sofi's name displayed across the now illuminated phone screen...

"Sorry guys, I have to get this... please excuse me..." I said apologetically, giving the girls a small smile before getting up from the table and walking towards the exit...

They gave me a small nod before resuming their conversations... "So Ally, how's Will?" Was all I heard Dinah say before I stepped outside... swiping the screen to answer the call and holding the phone to my ear...

"Hello Camila..." I heard a voice say on the other end...

A voice that wasn't my sisters...