1

Barron POV
As I walk into the conjoining courtyard into my next class, I have a sudden realization. Mrs. Anderson (the class I'm walking to) gave me homework last night that I didn't do!

 Oh, I'm so dumb sometimes. My parents are going to be so mad at me if I get a less than perfect score, but I'm also juggling all these sports. Lacrosse, soccer, school, it's all so much and sometimes things slip through the cracks. 

My parents... they called me recently and they told me I had to do something... it was important. I'm racking my brain, I just can't think of it. 

But then in a burst of realization I remember. I turn to my best friend Ethan we haven't known each other too long but since school started two months ago we have done everything together. He doesn't treat me like I'm special, I like that about him.

"Ethan I was my parents called and told me that the Vice President's daughter is coming to start school today. We were supposed to meet at her on the helicopter pad." I believe her name is Brooke Ballard she, as far as I know, has basically been hiding away in the wasteland that is Minnesota. I don't know why apparently she grew up in DC. Her parents being the first African American second lady. Olivia Pope and her father were the former head of the NSA so I guess when the election rolled around... they just didn't have time for her. I am snapped back to reality when Ethan begins to speak.
"On the roof? Right now?" Ethan says questionably
"Yeah," I say bashfully. We share a glance and start running. Let me tell you I run fast. By the time we make it to the roof, Ethan manages to the roof Ethan manages to spit out the words
"She's here" and let me tell you she is...

By the time we make it to the roof we are sweating slightly, but hopefully, she won't notice. We walk a little closer to the helicopter, leaving the door far behind. It's starting to descend although rather slowly and I start to feel the anticipation of eating up at me. 

I had seen her in pictures before, of course, but it's never really the same thing. The sound of the plane coming down was starting to fill my ears and Ethan and I cautiously stepped back. Finally, after all the build-up it landed. The door opened with a gust of wind and two secret services behind her. 

She looked like a model with the wind blowing in her black mid-back length curly hair. She's short for a fifteen-year-old about five two but her caramel complexion and black bouncy locks could make any boy look her way. Her brown eyes were no longer "brown" they melted into golden rays that turned into a sunshine honey mixture of her own. They looked around and until finally setting on us and flashing what looked like a million-dollar smile. 

Once she was on the ground I noticed that she was dressed very laid back for a meeting of this magnitude. In only what looked like white high top converse and a causal white hoodie alone with a short pink khaki skirt. Brooke had a slight pink tint on her lips which I didn't realize until she was standing right in front of me saying.

"Hi my name is Brooke Ballard"
"Hi.." I begin to say before Ethan cuts in. Probably bypassing by about a billion diplomatic protocols.
"My name is Ethan Holloway. I'm a good friend of Barron's and I'm sorry for some reason he seems to be acting a touch shy"
"No, I'm not," I say defensively. She laughs. And I start to mentally facepalm myself for making this meeting so informal. But there's nothing I can do now so, screw it. Also, for some reason, I feel oddly comfortable around her.