Chapter 30 • Respect Begets Respect

Start from the beginning

          I am dragged away from the crowd of students trying to get to their last classes by Bridget. I expected this one to happen so I just willingly go with her.

          "So much for acting normal," she hisses at me whilst her arm is intertwined with mine. "Why don't you cut classes? Go to your dad. Talk to him. Think all these through then come back tomorrow when you have finally decided to calm the fuck down."

          I scoff. "I think you should be the one who's calming the fuck down."

          Bridget shakes her head, her jaw clenching. We are headed on the opposite way from our room, meaning we're skipping it. "I agree. That's why I'm escaping with you," she says with a wink.

          One more push from her and I'm jumping on her plan. I can take this as another opportunity to ask her more questions at the luxury of my home where there are on prying eyes and eavesdropping people. Or we can get through our last subject, come to our cheer practice and then talk at night.

          "But the cheer——" she places her long index finger on my lips, shushing me.

          "You just had the revelation of the century and you still want to set hell on all of us?" she says sounding like I'm so unbelievable. "You will put all of us on so much pain after what you've learned and I'm up for that."

          I feel like I'm smiling devilishly inside. Bridget Argent just gave me an idea and I think my face is registering what I have in mind because my bestfriend's face is starting to drop.

          "I hate you," that's all she says and I chuckle. So we both walk shoulder to shoulder to our next class and I'm already looking forward to practice.

          Bridget wants me to act normal and won't it be normal if I go all Satan on them on practice? Of course, it's normal. I am Harley Gold and they freaking fear me for being so ruthless and heartless. I'll make them pay for what they've been doing to me.

          After our last class, I notice her frowning to herself and just dumping her stuff inside her bag like a petulant child. Austin and Jace are watching her in confusion and I let out a chuckle.

          "Are you on your period?" Evo suddenly asks. Apparently, we're not the only ones who's watching her.

          Bridget glares at her as she dumps her last notebook inside and zips it close with so much force. She slings it over her shoulder and snaps at Evo, "Well congratulations then. You're not yet a father!"

          And then she just walked out leaving all of us shocked with dropped jaws. I wasn't able to stop myself from reacting. If that's not another revelation of the century then I don't know what is. Bridget Argent slept with Evo Cullen? And all our friends heard.

          I slowly turn my to Evo and the sight surprises me as well. He is shocked too. I have no idea if he's shock because Bridget blurted their secret out or he's shock because nothing happened between the two of them.

          "I must be going crazy," Austin says as he blinks.  In two seconds now after everything sets in, he's going to go all Hulk on Evo so Grayson and his friends drag him away from us before that could even happen. Good decision.

          Jace raises his hand as soon as they're all out the door. "What the hell was that..."

          Austin squares his shoulder. "I have no fucking idea," he replies and then they both look at me, eyes pure of accusation.