Chapter 20 • Griseo

And you know what I've learned while I was away...

Is that no matter how many times people try to pull you down or tell you you're not writing good enough, you need to get hell back up and write for yourself not for them. As long as you love what you do, those kind of people are irrelevant. You are relevant.

• • • •

           We should be travelling on a Sunday morning not on a Saturday afternoon but due to the brilliant minds of horny teenagers and thirsty alcoholics, they managed to convince the school staff and even the Principal to send us away at this time of the day.

           I guess my teammates are great actors more than I give them credit for.

           From the day of the meeting until today, I am stuck with a beaming Bridget and a loud Evo Cullen who happens to have grown a liking with our company. Not that I can see violent reaction from Grayson and his friend, which we surprisingly don't. Jace and Austin distanced from me and I don't want to bother myself.

"Evoooooo!" growls an angry Jaron Allen, the blonde one of Grayson's friends. He is searching the bus for the vampire wanna-be and the subject of his pursuit is hiding by the seats and his body is literally on Bridget and I's laps.

           "If you don't get the hell out of her lap, I will hand you over to Jaron," Grayson threatens.

           The three of us look up at him. We didn't even notice he's close. Poor Evo reluctantly remove himself from his protections a.k.a Bridget & I and winces when Jaron exclaims.

           "What the fuck did you do to him?" Bridget asks out of curiosity.

           The absence of hostility between her and Grayson's friends is setting my curiosity level at its peak. I think I should stop overthinking this and accept the possibility that maybe the petty Queen is done with her pettiness over the other party.

           But that's not really it.

           "Mixed Icy Hot with his shampoo?" Evo says as he grins at us.

           Bridget guffaws and I can't help but shake my head. Us girls look at each other and I know then and there what's going on inside her head. It's the same as mine. Evo is a natural prankster, could be a perfect fit for the Lexus Troublemakers.

           "Guess he got a page or two from your book," Grayson says as he chuckles at his friend.

           Jaron is getting closer and his fists are pumped into fist. I will to if anyone did that to me. I can't imagine how prickly his scalp is feeling.

           "You are so fucking dead, Evo," he says as he lungs for the poor prankster. Nah, Evo's still lacking the sense of not being caught. My friends and I are professionals in that department.

           "You don't have to get so angry at me," Evo says, half-confirming he did that. I absentmindedly face palm myself.

           Bridget leans to him and whispers, "It's kinda your fault. You literally turned his head hot."

           Evo glares at Bridget before he gets collared and pulled up by Jaron. I see no movement from Grayson. He doesn't look like he's close to preventing a fight and neither does Bridget and I.