Chapter 15 • All Bite, No Bark

"Whoa whoa whoa," Grayson pushes me slightly backwards with his arms on either of my shoulders. He positions himself between Coach and I so whenever I try to lung for the subject of my rage, he serves as Coach's knight in shining armour. "Easy, tiger, easy."

           "You think you did something for Lexus?" I all but snap at Coach who's turning as white as paper as I ignore the bad boy's firm grip travelling from my shoulders down to my waist.

I bet Coach Bradford thought that I won't go all Incredible Hulk on him if he did what he did since I'm the least emotional and least interested on most things. But he's wrong. I am beyond mad because he signed me up for something I least wanted in my life: responsibility and more spotlight. Not to mention more enemies.

I can almost imagine Prescott boiling in anger for what they knew. Allison would be firing commands on commands and Kurt fucking Crawford would take this as a challenge. I was their leader and I am turning against them. How hurt could they get?

"I warned you about Prescott but you still went under my nose and did the only thing I told you not to," I try to advance again to Coach but his favorite quarterback has got me pinned down to my place.

The way Coach smirks at me makes me wanna smack that manipulative bastard across his face. I couldn't care less if he's a school personnel. Sometimes, they think they're right when they're absolutely and incredibly wrong. Someone's gotta teach him a lesson.

"What's going on?" This time, Grayson uses his strength to lift me off the ground with my waist and place me a tad further from where we were just standing seconds ago.

"Why don't you ask Bradford? I'm sure as hell he's got more than a blabbering mouth than Mr. Reyes," I seethe in anger, my eyes known to be cold and blank are blazing in fury.

Grayson Levy looks over his shoulder but never let his hands off my waist as he gives his Coach an apprehensive look. I look up at him and notice the beads of sweat on his forehead and how fresh he still smells.

I mentally slap myself for thinking such gross and inappropriate thing. I am here for Bradford's balls. That's if he has any.

"Jesus, Harley. Calm down!" I didn't notice Bridget has been standing beside us all along, looking as frantic as ever. I thought she'll be flying to Austin or Jace for help since I just transformed into Harley Quinn but here she is, looking all frightened and in despair of Grayson's help.

"Yeah, Harley, calm down," Coach dares to second the motion. The nerve of this dipshit.

Sensing my boiling anger, Grayson now folds me in his arms. I'm not sure who's he securing really, me or Coach.

Some people could view this as something considerably over reacting but for me, this is how I should confront all the demons lurking inside Lexus. Teachers turned manipulative psychopaths and friends and town folks turned liars. If I let this one go, they will all abuse my uncaring demeanor and continue treating me as such.

"What happened, Coach?" Grayson asks him. It's a good thing because I want to hear him admit it.

No matter how many times Coach tries to pull himself together and build and rebuild his tough act, he is amusingly failing. I love seeing him try to put me under him because he's the teacher and I'm a mere student which makes their every deed right even though they're wrong.

"Harley needs a little shoving...." oh god my horns are growing so bad I want to rip him apart, "...so I just made it official."