Chapter 24 • Harley Mary

"I see you're not wearing your high ponytail, cheer," Kurt teases as he makes his way towards our group.

           Kurt Crawford is my human version of a headache in Colorado. He doesn't let any moment pass without teasing me, mocking me and annoying the hell out of me. But he gets all whimpering back to his hell hole when I turn deviously calm and cold. There's only one person in this world who can face me and never flinch. Grayson.

            As for the freaking ponytail, I used to wear a high ponytail, something that screams stereotypic cheerleader. Kurt always jokes about that and pulls it when he's messing with me.

           "I see you're not wearing your letterman jacket, dick," I counter and he chuckles, shaking his head.

           "You don't know?" he asks and my brows shoot up. Is this another episode of What Harley Doesn't Know show?

           "You got suspended?" I ask at the same time I'm questioning myself why am I even bothering. This is Kurt Crawford, an irrelevant idiot.

           Only now that he isn't that relevant because he is my hunch.

           Kurt shakes his head as he smiles but I notice a tinge of grim in it. "I thought you know everything, Gold."

           "If you were to compare the things I know compare to the maximum limit of information your brain can hold, then yes, Kurt, I know everything," I counter and the people behind me a.k.a my Lexus teammates who slipped my mind, chuckles ever so slightly.

           Kurt looks at them before returning his gaze back to me. He dramatically rubs his chin with his fingers and then sighs. "I thought Allison told you. Oh very well, I guess the annoying Queen Bee wanna-be hates your guts now."

           "Quit the 'I thought' part, Kurt. I know it's just a metaphor," I force a smile and as I'm about to pivot on my heels, Kurt drops the bomb.

           "Everyone at Prescott thinks I'm a spy for Lexus," he says, confirming my hunch.

           As far as I can remember, Principal Hayes mentioned Kurt during our times at his office. When Watson accused him of having a spy, I just put two and two together.

           Before I could even react, Bridget suddenly scoffs. I send her a side glare because one, she isn't a part of this conversation and two, she doesn't even know Kurt Crawford. "How could you be a spy? We don't even know you."

           From my peripherals, I notice Austin extend a hand towards Bridget's side and lightly pinches her on the skin just above her ribcage. Our drama queen winces and glares at him but eventually shuts up and steps a bit backward. I shake my head in annoyance.

           "Exactly," Kurt points at her, his eyes shinning with the fact that someone finally spoke out the evident truth. "Just because Lyndon is my uncle doesn——"

           "Principal Hayes is your uncle?!" asks everyone behind me in chorus. How cute it is that their minds are at sync? Take note, they're from two different groups and are supposed to be on not-speaking terms.

           Kurt frowns as though he's been judged. Well, partly yes. No one really likes Principal Hayes so being related to him kind off ticks you off the somehow-desirable list.

           "Your friends are equally annoying as you are, Gold," he tells me and I just shrug. He's right though.

           Again, my hand unknowingly grabs Grayson's. I look at Kurt who gazes at that for a quick couple of seconds before turning back to me. "I want to say it's so good to see you but it really isn't. So I'll just settle with 'go back to hell'."