Chapter 27 • Yeaaaaaaaaaaar

"Look, man," a familiar but still a stranger raises his hands, showing Grayson—and I—that he means no harm.

I thought Grayson's going to him, to push him away but he walked towards me and served himself a protective barrier from this stranger. I know I saw him somewhere.

"I followed your motorbike and I lost you so I made a guess where to find you," he tells him and my brows shoot up.

So this stranger just said that if anyone is looking for Grayson, the only place they can find him is at my house? I'm about to object but Grayson's arm reaches for me from his behind, shutting any thoughts going on inside my head.

"Just go," Grayson tells him and the man's face darkens.

"This is important, Levy. I won't show up here in Harley's house—" he pauses and looks at me, nods in acknowledgement after, "—hi, Harley..."

"Then let's not do this here. I'll see you tonight," Grayson nicely tells him to get the fuck going and leave us alone.

And mind you, he knows me. My head pounds painfully this time as I go over my head who is this guy. I know I saw him somewhere already but the memory is blurry. Maybe because when I saw him, my head was acting up.

Right. He's the guy from the Diner.

"Levy, it's important. Like..." he pauses to shift on his place uncomfortably, trying to find the words to say. I bet he's thinking of a way to tell Grayson without me knowing what they're really talking about. "...Princess Protection Program."

I nearly snort. Not that I'm judging him from watching such movie but... yeah, I'm judging him. Or maybe he just have a sister or a niece who watched that on a daily basis.

As funny as I see it, Grayson's not the same. His body is rigid and I can feel him shaking a bit in anger or something.

"Okay, just wait for me outside. I'll talk to Harley and we'll go together," he tells him and Diner boy nods.

"I'm just going to say hi to her before I leave," Diner boy says, peeking over Grayson's body that's hovering in front of me.

"Some other time, Dave. I thought this is important?" Grayson snaps and poor Dave—now I remember his name but I can't put a finger on how the hell did he know me—nods and walks away.

"What the hell was that?" I want to give myself a pat on the back because despite of my pounding head, I can still act like a boss.

"It's a thing with our group," he turns around to face me and I can see how distraught he is now compared to how relax he is a few minutes ago.

"Your group?" I echo.

"No offense, baby girl, but it's none of your business. And I know you understand that a line is drawn where you can and can't cross," he says and he is absolutely right.

It's not my problem and I wouldn't want Grayson to lurk around my business as well. But what spikes my curiosity is... "How did he know me?"

"Too humble for your own good," he comments and I scowl at him.

"What does that even mean?"

"Gold, you are Lexus' crowned princess. Dave lives here so what do you expect?" he says and that absolutely did not make me feel any better but at least gave justice to my query.