•• Chapter F o r t y ••

Caterpillar in the tree

How you wonder who you'll be

Cant go far but you can always dream

Wish you may and wish you might

Don't you worry hold in tight

I promise you there will come a day

Butterfly fly away

"Come on Saoirse" I sighed and gripped the small brunette girls petite hand

"Come on Saoirse" I sighed and gripped the small brunette girls petite hand. She was tiny for her age. But by god was she beautiful. She drew attention from everywhere we went. Not just for her angelic features. But her kind smile and harmonious laugh.

She was the joy of my life. She was, there was no doubting it. She brought me the peace I needed in my life. She brought me the comfort of having someone to love so fully. Even if she biologically wasn't my daughter.

She was my daughter.

She was my angel. My princess. She was the last piece of Sky I had. She looked exactly like her mother. Her small button nose and brunette curls brought me back to the days when Sky was that young and innocent.

But the little angel wasn't a carbon copy of her mother. Unfortunately. There were distinguishable features that came from him. Her bright blue eyes were like fog lights in the night. They were bright and filled with so much curiosity for the world around her.

A world that wanted to cut her open

"I'm coming daddy!" She giggled and gripped my hand even tighter than she already was. Her hair bounced with her small steps and her small giggle echoed in my ears.

She embodied the word 'innocent'. But then I had to remind myself that she was only four. She was still a child. She was a toddler who saw the world as a place of adventure and colour. She didn't see the destruction and death I had seen on the television.