19: I lived lol

Lmao sorry my posting is really inconsistent and random. It's fine tho only like two people ever read this so YEET HOW ARE U GUYS DOING

Song: promises (nils frahm version) by the presets. Don't play until I tell you to :)

When I open my eyes, the room is empty. I'm wearing a hospital gown, and I can see my suit hanging on a hanger- freshly laundered. There are a couple different monitors showing my vitals.

A tall woman with blue glasses enters with a clipboard. "Good morning, Mr. Spider-man. I hope you're feelings better."

"Loads better, thank you." I say. It's true. Not only my physical wounds, but my mental state as well -thank god.

"You recovered quickly, but you're not at 100% yet." She informs me. "Unfortunately, the law only allows you one overnight stay per moth, so you'll have to finish your recovery at home."

"I understand." I nod. It's a drag, and it seems pretty unfair, but... I don't actually have to pay a dime for this stay. That's the deal with hero's insurance. It has some perks, but if there were too many good things about heroism, people would start faking it in order to get free hospital stays.

"It's recommended that you walk only with assistance, and hold off from hero work for about 2 or 3 days to give your body time to heal all the way."

I nod again. "I have a cane back home, I'll use that."

"Good to hear." She scribbles on her clipboard. "I assume you you can handle buying painkillers on your own, but I wrote you an order just in case." She hands me the purple slip. "Just show this to your pharmacist, and they won't ask any questions."

I take it with another nod. "And I'll call an Uber."

She begins to turn off the monitors, pulling out little tubes and peeling off tape from my arms. Once those things are out, I can finally breathe at ease knowing that they're gone.

"Sorry we can't provide transportation, it's-"

"Another precaution to protect my identity." I nod again. "I know."

"Ah, so you're a regular. A troublemaker, I assume?" She chuckles. "Well, I'm done with my spiel, so you're free to go. There's a new change of clothes in the closet, but don't expect anything of quality."

"Thanks." I say as she leaves, swinging my legs over the side of the bed.

I slowly stand, trying not to lose my balance. God, I'm a wreck. I use the rolling stool to guide myself over to the closet, taking slow steps. My legs hurt a lot, it must be the after affects of that battle with Drifter. Luckily it looks like I slept through the worst of it.

My phone buzzes on the seat next to my suit, and I make my way over to check it. Shit. That was my alarm to wake up and head to class. I slept all night.

There's a text from Clarissa, sent at 11:56 pm: "Dude the craziest thing just happened."

Oh no, that was right after she rescued me. How many people is she going to tell? Word is going to get around... Maybe Drifter will track her down for information too. My mind grazes over the night that he visited me... He hasn't come since, but I have a feeling our business trade isn't quite at a close yet.

"Tell meeeee" I text her, putting my phone back and making my way over to the closet again. The nurse was right, there are a couple pajama pants and a t-shirt or two... they look like donations. They are both big on me, but I'm glad I don't have to go out in public wearing only a hospital gown.

I put my phone in my pocket after ordering an Uber, put my suit in a grocery bag, then slowly make my way down to the lobby. The hallways are quiet, and smell faintly of sterilizing cleaners. The lobby is quiet as well, the only people being receptionists, and a couple people scattered around lounging in chairs.