31- The Future of Huang Ma Clan is Born

Time flies as fast as the cold wind passes. Tao Ru is already in her last month of pregnancy. Jing always stays by her side to help her with all of her burden.

That day when the sun shines brightly through the window, Jing and Tao Ru are sitting face to face in the main hall waiting for Wei and the mother to have a lunch together.

"Good morning." Jing and Tao Ru stands for greet the mother.

"Bai Fu, you don't have to stand, please just sit." The mother holds her hand softly.

"Today we are having steamed fish with fresh herbs as our main dish." Wei explains, she personally chooses the dish. "It is very good for pregnant woman." She looks at Tao Ru smiling .

"Thank you Wei, it's very nice of you."

"No worries sister in law. Here have some."

Tao Ru's heart is filled with joy, because she feels that she has a family now, a real family. And her child will be born to this world with loving and kind people surrounding him. She just couldn't ask for more.

"How is it Bai Fu? Does it suit your personal taste?" The mother asks as she takes a bite.

"Yes mother, the fish is very fragrant and soft."

"It's good if you like it." She takes another bite.

"Argh!" Tao Ru suddenly feels pain, holding her stomach.

"Are you okay?!" All three of them stops eating and try to assist Tao Ru.

"I-I think it's.." she looks at her tummy.

"Jing! Bring her back to your room! Wei, go find a doctor!"

"Yes mother!"

"Yes mother!"

Jing picks her up and carries her to his room, his heart is pounding. The mother follows right behind him, trying to give emotional support to Tao Ru. Because it is her first time, it must be very scary for her.

Wei quickly runs to find the doctor to help Tao Ru. She is very exited to be an aunt. The doctor is already in stand by so it doesn't take so long for him to get ready.

Not long after, the doctor and Wei arrive at Jing's room. Everyone is waiting in anticipation.

"Master, it is time to deliver the baby." The doctor informs after he checks Tao Ru's pulse.

Jing's forehead is filled with sweats, he is very nervous. He knows that delivering a baby is painful and he doesn't want her to get hurt.

"Okay, do it."

"I understood."

The doctor starts unpacking his stuff to get ready to deliver the baby. Jing is holding Tao Ru's hand tightly. He doesn't want her to feel alone. He helps her to wipes off her sweats on her face.

"It's going to be okay, it will end very soon." The mother gives her a word of encouragement. "Take a deep breath." She instructs.

"I will start now." The doctor informs, ready to deliver the baby.

Everyone is holding their breath.

"Push madam."

Tao Ru pushes with all of her willpower. She holds Jing's hand tighter, her heart almost burst out. But just after a short while, a clear baby crying noise is heard.

An honest smiles formed on their lips, happy tears are falling to their cheeks. Huang Ma Clan is ready to welcome it's future.

Her breath is still irregular, trying to inhale as much air as possible.

"Congratulations Master, Lady Li, it's a boy."

Jing kisses his wife's forehead, thankful of her sacrifices. "I love you." He whispers.

_____

A grand party is being thrown to celebrate the newly born baby. Everyone is wearing red to symbolize happiness and joy. The whole manor is decorated beautifully with flowers and decorative cloths.

The news is so big that every martial house clan is coming to pay respect. Even the princes and noblemen come to celebrate.

The manor is especially crowded that day, high ranked officials and martial art elders are sitting in front row, rest to start the ceremony.

Tao Ru is standing in the stage nervously. She bites her lower lip, watching everyone. So these are people that has good connection with Huang Ma Clan, she thinks to herself. It is surely filled with important people.

"I present you the future of Huang Ma Clan, my son, Huang Ma Kan." Jing presents the baby, followed by claps and bows from Huang Ma Clan's disciples.

"May the child bring prosperity and honor to the family!"

Everyone is having a blast in the party, the maids serve the food and alcohol to the guests and also to the happy family.

"Jing, I will take the baby inside, it is already late." Tao Ru says.

"Take care." He squeezes her hands shortly. Jing still has to entertain the guests so he has to stay for longer.

Tao Ru walks back to their room hugging her baby. Yes, there are maid that can do this, but she also doesn't feel comfortable around many people, especially drunk ones.

She sits on her bed, clearly admiring the baby on her hand. His face is so small, his cheeks is full, just like mantou.

"Look at you. How cute." She smiles. "Should I feed you?" Tao Ru is still new with all these maternity things. She never seen anyone has a baby in her life.

Knock knock

"Who is there?"

"It's me." A familiar voice of Jing's mother answer.

"Oh, mother, what takes you here?"

"I asked Jing where you went, hahaha."

"Ooh."

"Bai Fu, you know you can always talk to me right."

"..yes."

"I know it must be hard for you, but I'm here to share the burden. I already had two grown up kids after all. So any question you have, you can just ask me."

"Thank you mother." She hugs the mother tightly, she is always so nice to her.

That night the bond like a mother and daughter talking about the first born son. The warmth and kind atmosphere makes Tao Ru feel liberated. She thanked Jing to let her becomes a part of this family.