16- She is Pregnant

Tao Ru looks at her feet for a second, she doesn't know how to say it to him. Her heart is pounding and she feels butterflies on her stomach.

"Huang Ma Jing." She tries to get his attention because she is going to say something very important.

She paused for a moment, looking at him meaningfully.

"I'm pregnant." She says carefully. Tao Ru peeks at his face, trying to read his reaction.

Jing's eyes grows bigger and his eyebrows raised. Emotion overflows like waterfall in his heart. He sees heaven for a moment.

"Tao Ru.." his eyes are now teary.

Jing holds her stomach and then hugs her deeply. His heart burst with happiness and excitement.

"Are you okay?" He cups her cheeks and looks straight at her eyes.

She nods soundlessly.

He rests her head to his chest, and hugs her small fragile body.

This is everything that he ever wishes for. He is clearly the luckiest person on earth.

"Let's get married." There is no time to waste, now that Tao Ru is pregnant with his child. Jing what's to make it official.

Jing knows that this is a very foreign thing to her, so he tries his best to not make it hard for Tao Ru.

"Would it be okay if I tell my mother?" He needs her approval before sharing the happy news.

"It's fine."

Jing writes a letter to his mother, telling her about Tao Ru's pregnancy, and also to arrange the marriage. He doesn't want to leave Tao Ru alone so he decided to sends the letter by a pigeon.

"Hey let's get something to eat!"

"Yeah, sure."

They go together to the lively market and have a bowl of mixed stir fried vegetables with rice.

_
The lady is playing a calm melody on her zither as a pigeon landed on the table. She gives the pigeon a side eye, and she realizes it's his son's.

"How dare he send me a pigeon and not come to meet me." She shakes her head and stops playing.

She is pissed and half heartedly read the letter.

Hello mother, sorry I can't come to you in person.

I have a great news. Bai Fu and I are pregnant! We also decided to get married next week. Can you please help us to arrange the procession? A small banquet would be great.

Thank you mother, see you soon.

"Oh God! This is such a great news! She is pregnant!" She stands in excitement. "I will be a grandmother soon!"

She walks quickly to the main quarter to find Wei, she needs to spread the news.

"Wei! Wei!"

"Yes mother?" Wei who is writing calligraphy doesn't know why her mother acts differently today.

"Your brother is expecting!" She hops with full excitement.

"Really?" Her eyes lit up and she hugs her mother. "I will become an aunt!"

"We need to prepare for their wedding! How exciting!" The mother hasn't been this happy for years.

"First we need to get the dress!" Wei is also pumped to prepare for her brother's big day. She loves her brother dearly, seeing him getting married is so emotional.

"Yeah you are right, Wei. Send her the best tailor in the kingdom. Make sure her gown is glamorous and is made with the finest silk."

"Noted!"

"Mother we need to invite Bai Fu's parents.."

"Where is she from?" They just realized that they have no idea about Li Bai Fu's background. It is quite unusual because usually people will mention it in the first accouter.

"Oh, we can just ask Gege later." Wei tries to not make a big deal out of it. Maybe lady Li is just a more reserved person.

_

Women in white walk gracefully in the busy market. Their dresses flows naturally and their moves are fast and trained, their back is straight and their chin up. People stare at them as they pass the food stalls, their pride are high and they are not shy to show it.

"Is that the ladies of Tu Gu sect?" Someone whispers.

"Yes, their aura is so strong."

"I heard that they never went down the mountain, what happened?" A few frowns.

"They really live up their sect big name, you can feel the energy changes when they walk pass by." An old guy nods in respect.

"Where can we find Senior Li?" Hu-er says in frustration. It has been days since they went down A Gu Mountain.

"How come there is no single trace of Senior Li?" Another woman continues.

A disciple's stomach rumbles.

"Excuse me."

"Are you guys hungry?" Hu-er asks the fellows.

They have been fasting since they left Tu Gu Sect because they don't carry any money.

"But we don't have any silver.." A lady says. She has been trying her best to not sound desperate.

"We can try get money." Hu-er suggest.

"How?" They all stares at each other in unison.

"That!" Hu-er points are a crowd surrounding a stall not far from them. "An archery competition." She smiles.

Their faces lit up and they follow Hu-er from behind.

"7!"

"Good!" Everyone is so cheerful and clapping happily.

"I want to compete!" Hu-er raised her hand.

"Young Lady, are you sure?" The person in charge raised his eyebrows as Hu-er enters the stage.

"Hey she is from Tu Gu Sect! Can't you see?" His friend from behind smacks his head.

"Really?" He whispers.

"Yeah!"

"Let's give this lady a big applause!" He suddenly changes his tone.

Hu-er is very good in archery, she trained years from Li Tao Ru herself. She shoots her final arrow straight to the red colored bullseye.

Loud cheers and applause welcomes her victory. The old guy gives her her gold and continues the next round.

Hu-er and the women finally can eat after days. They sit in a restaurant and order some famous dishes.

"Thank you for the food!"

They all shove the delicious dish quickly like there is no tomorrow.

A young looking scholar enters the restaurant, he is being greeted by his friend that already seated next to their table. From their gold embroidered outfit, it seems that they are from an upper class background .

Hu-er couldn't stop herself to eavesdrop their conversation.

"Do you hear that the Master of Huang Ma Clan is getting married in two days?"

"Yeah there will be a big celebration in the city, how can I not know?" The guy playfully hit his friend's back.

Hu-er and her fellows look at each other in disbelief,

"Huang Ma Jing is getting married?"

"Don't say that Senior Li is-"

Thank you for reading!

Please vote and share this story to your friends!
See you on Wednesday
Have a nice day ❤️