47- Her Turn to Take Care of Him

Tao Ru carries Jing on her back down the mountain where Wei and DuDu are already waiting for them.

They didn't enter A Gu mountain because they are still seen as enemies.

Jing current condition is terrible, he is bleeding internally and from his wounds.

"Tian A! Gege! Are you okay?!!" Wei runs to them concerned.

"I don't think he is okay.. please bring him back to see physician as soon as possible, just leave me." Tao Ru knows that waiting for her powerless self will drag the time.

"DuDu, carry Jing on your back and go back to our manor quickly. I will accompany Tao Ru." Wei instructs.

"Alright, help him on my back." He says, doesn't want to waste a minute.

____

The sun has just risen when Wei and Tao Ru arrive at the manor.

"Is Jing okay?!"

"The master is recuperating his health in his room."

Jing lays face-down on the bed, he is not wearing any choker he's as not to disturb his back.

"Let him rest." The physician tells them. In his entire 80 years career he had never seen anything this bad, and he is worries for Jing.

"That is how much he loves you." An oddly familiar voice enters Tao Ru's consciousness.

"Who are you?!" Tao Ru asks internally.

"Since he had chosen you, you are no longer my responsibility. Go, and do your duty. This is our farewell."

"...." Tao Ru frowns. That is the moon, her guardian when she was the fighter of the century.

"Take this." The physician wakes her up from her daydream.

"Yes." She replies.

"Apply this to him every 4 hours, and make sure you cover all his back." He explains.

"I understood."

The next few days Tao Ru diligently stays next to Jing. She applies the medicine, feed, clean, and most importantly, be there for him.

She looks at his sorry condition, his eyes are blue and his skin destroyed. This is the almighty Huang Ma Jing. She wipes his forehead attentively.

Suddenly a tear drops from her eyes, falling to his cheek. Tao Ru now understand, what love is.

This, is love.

_____

"Ugggh."

"Are you okay?" Tao Ru walks over to Jing's bed, ready to assist. "Here, drink some medicine."

She takes a spoonful of the dark-colored solution and feed it to Jing.

His condition has improved drastically over the night, even Tao Ru is impressed by it.

However, he is still in a weak state, his eyes are sleepy and his breaths are heavy.

"Let me put some medicine on your back." She took the small porcelain cup. "Hold on."

Tao Ru holds her breath, it must be very painful. She blames herself for all of this mess. If she still has her power, she can just transfer it to him, and he will get better in no time.

But she can't. And he has to suffer.

"Wait, that's right!" She suddenly realized.

"What?" He says quietly.

"Nothing Jing, just take a rest now." She says.

He is too weak to argue, so he just close his eyes and go back to sleep. Hopefully, he can feel better tomorrow.

Tao Ru peeks at him, seems like he already vast asleep. She quickly left the room and heads to the manor's library. She needs to find information, the one that can save Jing.

"Lady Li." The librarian greets her as the Lady of the manor.

"Hi, I need to find information about ally clans and sects, where should I go?"

"The second isle, lady"

"Thanks."

Tao Ru studies the entire isle the whole night. Trying to find the one person that can help Jing.

Her eyes is so heavy that she couldn't open it, but her willpower is stronger.

"Here! The Blue Poison Sect!" She shouted. Turns out they are also making the best medicines, not only poison.

Here shows that the sect own Buddha pill, made from the rare 10,000 years old ginseng and wild orchid from the top of the Himalayas. There are only 2 of this pills in the world.

"I should get it for Jing." She says to herself.

Tao Ru knows that her journey will be hard, especially because Blue Poison Sect has grudges towards Tu Gu Sect. But she needs to go, and save Jing.

"I need to go today, I can delay."

"Li Tao Ru, what are you doing in the library?" Wei suddenly approaches her.

"Wei I will get a medicine for Jing."

"You can't go." She says. "My brother says that we need to protect you when he is still weak. Especially because you don't have any power now."

She won't let me go, I need to find a way.

"Well, I will only go to the corner medicine store." Tao Ru lies.

"You can asks the servant to do that, you don't need to go yourself." Wei insists.

I need to think of something..

"Wei, he got hit because of me. I want to do something for him too." Tao Ru pleads, "I am sure I will be okay, so don't worry."

"...." Wei doesn't answer, she can see the both sides of it.

"Besides, I have this." Tao Ru takes out the small dagger from her belt. If the the treasured dagger of Huang Ma Clan.

Wei takes a deep breath, "okay then, just make sure you don't get into trouble."

"Thank you Wei, I will depart soon." Tao Ru holds her hand. "I will make sure to get the medicine." She looks at her smiling.