37- Scarred Face, Scarred Love

Tao Ru couldn't believe that they did her dirty, the pain on her bloody face is not as hurtful as the betrayal that she feels in her heart.

"Let me see-" Jing says as he runs to her direction.

Now he wants to see his masterpiece, her bloody face.

"Don't get closer!" She walks away with deep hatred to him and his clan.

Jing watches the girl walks away, he gulps, he feels bad, he never wanted to hurt her, more importantly on her face. He shakes his head guiltily.

Jing looks at his sword in a distance that he let go to save her, but he failed. He walks to it and picks it up, the hot red blood stains his sword. He takes a deep breath, touches the blood, "this blood, I don't want it on my sword ever again." He says as he wipes it off. Unknown to the young Jing, he made a vow to himself.

"Gege, you were so cool!"

"That's right!"

"Absolutely will teach her a lesson! Hahaha!"

All of them applaud him, but there is not a cent of pride nor happiness in him.

"Let's get back, I told you not to play around too much!" He says angrily, his heart has not been peaceful.

"Why are you pissed?" Everyone looks at him, he should be happy.

"You shouldn't sneak attack on anyone." Jing says, shifting the attention to what matters to him.

"Alright alright, but the enemy is fallen because of me!" The boy says proudly.

"Eh, Gege you hurt her face so badly it will leave a big scar across her face.." Wei says while gritting her teeth, she feels bad for the enemy now.

"For a girl face is everything, now Jing already ruined her, she will have a hard life."

"Yeah, nobody will marry her and she will be lonely forever because of her scarred face."

"Poor girl, no guy will ever love her.."

"I will marry her." Jing says.

Everyone stops walking when they heard Jing, they look at him in disbelief.

"What-?"

"If nobody is willing to marry her because of the scar, I will." Jing says surely.

"Gege what are you talking about?!" Wei shakes her brother's body to wake him up and make him realize what he just said.

But the brother seems to ignore it.

"Are you insane?!"

The youngsters are all in awkward situation, how could the all mighty young master of Huang Ma Clan says that he is going to marry a scarred face enemy, it will be such a disgrace.

Especially Wei, she looks at her brother carefully, this is the first time Jing has ever done something like this, and she can feel that he is serious. Very serious.

Wei shivers. This day, she won't forget.

"Hey I just remember that a Tu Gu Sect member couldn't get married, so don't worry Jing!" A boy taps his back playfully.

"Hahaha right!" Dudu laughs.

"Jing must've known and he is just playing with us.. hahaha."

"Let's go, before the sun sets."

The kids walks away thinking Jing was joking, she is an enemy after all. More than everyone else, Jing must Hates her the most.

Except Wei, she gives Jing a side eye. His brother is acting weird. When everyone walks past them she pays close attention to him.

Jing looks back at the scene, frowning.

"Let's go!" Someone says.

"Li Tao Ru." He murmurs as he follows the other kids.

Flashback ends
______

"That..." Tao Ru frowns, she had always thought that Jing did it intentionally to embarrass her.

"Turns out my brother really is a man of his word." Wei says. "He really did marry you."

"...."

"What is even weirder to me is the fact that you are his soulmate, his Devine companion. Yet you are a Tu Gu Sect fighter.." Wei shakes her head.

Tao Ru bits her bottom lip, she knows that she chooses to be a fighter rather than being Jing's wife. "Fate is clearly a joke." She says, more to herself.

"No, the Fate God never made any mistake. It is supposed to be like this. It is going perfectly." Wei says, disapproving Tao Ru's comment.

"Bai Fu.." Jing walks closer while calling Tao Ru with her made up name, the one that she uses inside Huang Ma Manor.

Both of the woman got distracted from their conversation.

As Jing gets closer, Wei looks at him and say "Li Tao Ru it is. Your wife deserves to be called with her real name." She says, still looking straight to his eyes.

"Li Tao Ru." He calls her.

Tao Ru gulps. What would people think if they know who she really is. She shakes her head, trying to get those thoughts away.

"Wei I'm going to take her away, hope you don't mind." He is reaching to hold her hand.

"I don't, just make sure that in this last month everything got resolved." She smiles and walks away leaving Jing and Tao Ru alone at the pagoda.

"Jing, she told me the story.. that day when you.." Tao Ru touches her face, on her scar.

"I'm sorry." He says, kissing her fingers.

Tao Ru smiles bitterly, in this lifetime seems that Jing apologizes so much to her. Their fate is entangled in such a weird manner, not allowing both of them to freely live.

"Don't apologize, I hated you once for it. But now it's not important anymore."

He kisses her forehead, just like what Wei said, this last month, he is going to make it beautiful. To let her only have a wonderful memory about them.

"Let's go!"

"Go where?"

"It is a secret, you will know when we arrived."

Just like that the both of them get on their horses, riding north to a secluded place.