42- Let The World Know About Us

"I'm going to marry her." Jing stated in full certainty.

The crowd stares in disbelief, they shook their head disagree.

But Jing is sure. Solid in his decision.

"Huang Ma Jing, what did you just say?" The Old Tan asks, not sure if his old ears are hearing correctly.

"I am going to marry Li Tao Ru, here, everyone in the martial arts world can be the witness."

"She is from Tu Gu Sect, she can't marry." Another elder joins in.

"Elder Zhang, she no longer is."

"But you can't do that, let her Rest In Peace and complete the honor killing."

Everyone seems to agree with the elder's idea.

The sky suddenly turns dark, the grey void hovering above them. A surge of cold wind seems angry.

The Shifu and the entire Tu Gu Sect member kneel before him. He just stares at them in silence, confused. What are they doing?

"Huang Ma Jing, you are the leader of the martial arts world. We, Tu Gu Sect will recognize you as such. But please, let Li Tao Ru go."

"Please stand up, but I can't grant your wish." He says firmly.

"Please have mercy!" Hundreds of people kowtowed in unison to him. Basically forcing him to give up.

"What?!" He holds Tao Ru's hand, not letting go. He had been through hell in the last two years without her.

He can feel her hand squeezing his softly.

That's enough confirmation for him. Now even if the whole world disagrees, he won't let go anymore.

He smiles.

"Huang Ma Jing, let her go. You have won. You shouldn't have grudges on her." The Old Tan touches his shoulder to persuade him. "There is no need to hurt or humiliate her."

They think he wants to hurt her? Why?

"Let her keep her dignity, she is now crippled."

"Please let go of Senior Li!" The Tu Gu Sect member shouted. Crying thinking what would the terrible Huang Ma Jing do to their senior.

"Please let her go, master." The entire 100.000 martial artists present requested in unison.

No. He won't let her go again.

Jing looks at her, her pale face looks tired. It must be too much for her. He needs to bring her away from this place.

"Let's go." He said to her.

She nods.

Jing took her by the waist, pulling her close. His chest is still bleeding, but he doesn't care. Like that, he just flies away with her from the gathering.

______

After a while they finally arrived to a house in the middle of the woods.

"This..." her eyes grows big upon seeing the simple house.

"I renovated it."

It was his house that she burned.

They enter the new yet familiar place, and went directly to the bedroom. Both of them, really need to rest after that fight.

Jing locates the Buddha pills took two. He gives her one and one for himself.

Both of them took off their clothes and help each other to apply some medicine to the wounds that they implied on each other. How ironic.

They operate in silence, not having anything to say.

Jing looks at the woman in front of her, taking a deep breath. He took off her face veil to reveal her scarred face. It has been too long without seeing her face.

"Li Tao Ru." He says while touching her face. "Let's start a new life together."

_____

Li Tao Ru rests her head on his chest. The both of them are still laying on the bed even though it is already the next morning.

She doesn't want to get up, she doesn't want to have to think about what they are now. If they don't move, maybe no explanation need to be made.

But he moves. He pulls her closer, hugging her deeply.

"Are you awake?" He asks.

"Hm."

"Are you hungry?" He rubs her hair away from her face. And kisses her forehead gently.

She is tired, so tired of responsibilities and pressures all her life. But at this moment she can be free, so free and relaxed.

If anyone sees them like this they wouldn't have imagined that just yesterday, they are trying to kill each other.

But it doesn't matter anymore.

He rubs her cheeks while looking at her deep eyes lovingly. He places a quick peck on her lips.

"Marry me." He says. "Let's make this official, as Huang Ma Jing and Li Tao Ru. Let's not hide us anymore." Looking at her eyes meaningfully.

"...." She is silent, not knowing what would the world think if she agrees to this.

"Father! Mother!" A familiar voice come barging the bedroom door.

Li Tao Tu is stunned. It is her son.

"Mother..." the boy hugs his mom deeply. "I miss youuu."

"Oh dear. It was all mother's fault. I'm sorry, I'm sorry." She cries.

Jing hugs her from behind. The family is finally reunited and is complete now.

"Mother please don't leave us again..." he wipes his tears.

"I won't leave you."

"Promise ?"

"Yes, mother promise."

_____