38- The Day She Left

Jing couldn't bear the fact that his wife will leave him. He rests his head on hers. Just a bit longer, he begs in his heart.

The month goes by so quickly. Everyday he counted and counted, wishing that maybe, just maybe she changes her mind.

But she didn't.

It is her last day. The sun is shining through his  big window, waking him up. He saw his woman lying on his hand next to him. Jing pulls her closer, hugging her tightly.

He doesn't want her to go.

"Good morning." She says, waking up.

"..." his eyes watery, unable to utter a word.

"It's the day, isn't it?" She asks.

He nods.

____

Jing and TaoRu walk to the forest. The place where she promised to meet her junior that will take her back to her sect.

"Senior Li." The junior bows. "This way."

Tao Ru follows her junior quietly, in a swift motion. Jing is just standing there. He cannot move, not even an inch.

Just a thought, or a wish. That maybe, maybe, -

"See you." Tao Ru said in a monotone. She seems like already changing into a Tu Gu Sect fighter.

She is no longer his wife, no longer his soulmate. She just left.

Jing stares at their disappearing backs.

It is what it is.

He knows that he needs to let her go. But every cell of his being is screaming, begging, for him to stop her from leaving.

___

The moon shone brightly when Li Tao Ru arrived. The mansion is quest as she remembers. She took a deep breath, preparing herself.

"Li Tao Ru." Her shifu greets her.

"Shifu." She slightly bows.

"Welcome home." The shifu smiles, no question asked although she was gone for years.

She then walked to her old room. Looking around like it is the first time she sees it. She had lived there her whole life, it feels familiar, but also so distant.

"This is the life that I choose." She says to herself while arranging her bed.

She looks at herself in the mirror, she noticed her soft pink dress, and the beautiful Sakura hairpins on her head.

She quickly took off both items and change to her uniform white hanfu. Her hair is balaclava and sleek untouched.

Just like before, just like none of these happened. She can go back to where it was.

She will burry everything that happens in the past years to the back of her memory. From the sinful night under the waterfall to her being the lady of Huang Ma mansion. All of that were forced to her. It wasn't her choice. This is her choice.

And she smiled.

"I was destined to be the fighter of the century."

That night she closes her eyes, freed.

____

She took her white jade sword, holding it on her hand.

"Senior Li, let's spar!"

"As you wish!"

They are on top of A Gu Mountain, her favorite place to be. It ah sheen a long time...

Her moves are still swift and sharp despite her lack of training.

"You improved a lot." She commented.

"Thank you Senior, still nothing compared to you."

She wiped her sweat, they had been training for hours at that point.

"Tea?"

"Thank you."

Tao Ru had been wanted to ask her junior about this since she found her. But she feels awkward.

"What is it Senior Li?" The junior asks when she saw her distrusted face.

"I have a question." She starts carefully. "Do they know?" Tao Ru is implying to her no longer a virgin, to her marrying her sworn enemy, and to her having a child with Huang Ma Jing.

"No." She answer simply. The junior smiles at Li Tao Ru. "I will never say a word." She promised.

"So where do they think I went?"

"A meditation for self control."

"Thank you." She genuinely thanked. Because she knows that she won't be able to explain herself.

_____

Huang Ma Jing is sitting alone in the manor pavilion. Just two days ago his wife left him. Having his world crumble on his feet is an understatement.

He takes A deep breath. Unknowingly, a tear drops to his cheek. The api. Inside is killing him slowly.

"Papa, are you okay." His sweet little pie runs to him.

"Oh, darling. Papa is okay." He quickly hugs him.

His son is the only force that keeps him going. A ray of sunshine to his completely dark life. For him, Huang Ma Jing will fight. And only for him, his life is worth living.

He doesn't understand why Li Tao Ru takes the whole fighter of the century so seriously. Because she never did. He never hated her, never. He never wanted to kill her, or hurt her in the matter of fact.

For him, she can be the number one fighter. He could just give up. It doesn't matter to him. And if it mattered so much to her, she can have it. He had has this thinking since he was a kid, so it's not because she is his soulmate.

And he told her. He told her that she can have it all, just to prevent her from leaving. But she refuses. She wanted a fair fight. She wanted him to do his best in the next martial art tournament.

To be a worthy opponent.

Li Tao Ru left him, and their child for this fight.

So he will makes sure, that she will get it.

The fight that she desperately wants.

Huang Ma Jing will give it to her.

_______
Hi everyone, author here!
I know it has been a loooong time since I update this story.. but I will start updating again regularly (weekly). If I don't then.. please remind me heheh 😉😉