[ Chapter 52 : Enough ]

*play song*

Y/n's pov.  

" Are you sure this is a good idea? " Valarie asked.

" It's been a day, I know what he has done was cruel but I know the feelings he has for me is true, I'm giving him a chance to see my face one last time before his execution " I said.

" Well, I guess he got what he deserved am I right? " She asked.

" Go get ready the horses, we'll set out after I visit him and his father " I said, she nodded and walk away.

I turn to my chambers guarded by the knights.

" Let me through " I said, they both move aside and I enter as they shut the door behind me.

I see Gene standing there in the corner facing the hidden compartment on the wall as two more guards stand behind me by the door.

" Leave us " I said, they both nodded and walk out fo the room then shut the door.

" How did you bested me? " He asked as he shut the door.

" You said you'd like to see me try, and I did, I was successful, aren't you going to be proud of it? " I asked.

" I was wrong to look down on you " he said.

" You should thank me that I decided to expose you and not kill you myself " I said.

He turns around to me and I notice the cut on the edge of his lip.

" How did you know about the compartment? " He asked.

" I knew you would never have your men take their eyes off me but you didn't have them to watch over Aaron " I said.

" Guess I underestimated the both of you " he said.

" No, you underestimated our love " I said.

" Years of trying to have you for myself and all that effort has me ended up here " he said.

" All of this is not only for my freedom, it's for what you did to everyone that has died in Istavalon, they can now rest in peace " I said.

" So what are you doing here?, Just to say your final goodbye before I die or your just here to gloat " he approaches and stood in front of me, I look up at him.

" A decade ago today, when we first met, I really did fell for you " I said, he furrow his eyebrows.

" If only you didn't touch me the way you did back then, I would've allowed you to hold your son on the day he was born, but you had to let Zane frame me for something I did not do " I said.

" Zane did that to himself, I didn't know he would tell your father about Felix " he said.

" A woman full of hatred and vengeance are capable of anything however, I'm just not nice anymore " I said.

" I'm done being your pawn and now I have all the power to take you down "

" You bitch– " I cut him off with a slap.

His head whipped to the side as the sound echoes in the room.

I see his jaw are clenched as he turn to me again.

" Things wouldn't have been like this if you hadn't been so impatient, I just wanted to let you know that I'm pregnant again with your child "

His eyes widened.

" We would've been a happy family "

I walk out of the chambers and the guards walk back in. I walk down the hallway and enter Finn's chambers, I see him on his desk reading the book full of Gene crimes.