[ Chapter 18 : Corpse ]

*play song*

Y/n's pov.

I sit up on the bed as the blanket is over my legs. Valarie sit down on the bedside with me. The physician bandage my wound and move the folding screen, revealing Aaron, Tyson and Zane standing there.

" How is she? " Aaron asked.

" Your Highness, the wound is wide and then narrow, it was cause by a sharp blade " the physician said.

" That's impossible " Zane said.

" Your Highness, I can still distinguished a wound caused by an arrow or knife " he said.

" There you have it " Aaron turns to Zane, Zane exhale and leaves the tent furiously.

Aaron turns back to the physician.

" Thank you, how is her injury? " He asked.

" Your Highness, I have already applied medication to her wounds, but apparently the blade was coated with poison " he said.

" What? " Valerie stood up along with Tyson.

" The poison is feeding on her a little time at a time, it will cause her wounds to fester and be difficult to heal, if it goes in much longer, the poison will reach her heart "

" Is there any way to cure her? " Aaron asked.

" I can't be certain, however, I can give it a try, it's just that the treatment will be very painful, the pain is unbearable to most people " he said.

I grab Aaron's forearm, he turns to me.

" I can take it " I said.

" You can't, you heard what he said " Valerie said.

" She'll die " Tyson said.

" You can go outside if you can stand seeing this " I said, she scoff and walk away exiting the tent.

" Tyson, make sure no one enters the tent until first light " Aaron said, Tyson nodded and leave the tent.

Leaving me alone with Aaron and the physician.

" Do it " Aaron said, the physician nodded as he takes his bag and take out a capsule with long needles inside.

I look down on the blanket as he approach with one needle in his hand. He stood beside me when I feel the need on the back of my head.

I grip the blanket as I clench my teeth through the pain. I hold in my breath when he puts it in more deeper. My hands is shaking and he takes out the needle quickly.

I let out a breath, I take deep breaths. I see him put the needle down and take another thinner one.

" Miss, this is the second pinprick " he said.

He pricked it above the one he just did and I shut my eyes tightly, I grip the blanket harder while I struggle to not let a yelp out.

He takes it out and I feel myself getting dizzy again. I feel faint so I keep leaning back when I felt an arm supporting on my back, my head lies on someone's shoulder. He holds my forearm.

I see it's Aaron.

" The third pinprick will be terribly painful, are you sure you can continue? " He asked.

" I can " I said as I pant.

He nods and take the third needle which is more thinner and longer, he then prick it on the top of my head and I grab Aaron's wrist as he slowly sink the needle. I grunted as my grips gets more tighter around Aaron's wrist.