[ Chapter 16 : Traditional Dance ]

*play song*

Y/n's pov.

Zane grab the arrow and put it in his quiver, he takes out a napkin and ties it around the palm of my hand. Where the wound is.

" Thank you " I pull my hand away but he grips harder.

I winced.

" Are you hurt anywhere else? " He asked as I shake my head.

He let go and I take a step back.

" Shouldn't you be with the others?, It's dangerous to have a woman out here alone " he said.

" There's royal guards everywhere, I'm safe as long they're in sight " I said.

" Walk with me " he said and walk away.

He grabs his horse by the rein as we walk deeper in the woods.

" I've notice your aiming is well done and I heard most of the animal was hunted down by you " he said.

" I've lived in the woods before, my husband has taught me a few tricks " I said, he takes out an arrow from his quiver.

" Mind helping me this one time?, I can reward you with something if you want to " He said as he pass me the arrow.

I look up at him.

" That's. . . . "

" Cheating? " He asked.

" I was gonna say bribing " I said.

He gesture his head to the left and I see a fox.

" A fox? " I asked.

" Whoever gets it wins the game, it's everyone's goal " he said.

" Why want to cheat when it's just a game? " I asked.

" Whoever wins gets to ask anything they want " he said.

" Your a prince, couldn't you ask your father for anything? " I asked.

I then realize what I said and smack my lips again.

" Sorry about that " I said.

" Maybe I'll ask the king to bestow marriage to us " he said, my eyes widened and turn to him.

" Did you think the first time I saw you, you can get away with it? " He asked.

" Then why didn't you expose me at the spot? " I asked.

" Of course I wouldn't " he pushes back my hair behind my ear.

" That would be far too early, nonetheless you father would marry us again but, I don't want to rush things " he said, I smack his hand away.

" After everything you've done you still have the nerve to say I would marry you " I said.

" I always get what I want " he lift up my chin.

His thumb caressing my bottom lip, I smack his hand away.

" You won't get away with this " I said.

" I believe I have, think about it, who will the king believe?, The words of a maid or a prince? " he smirks, I scoff.

" That's what you think " I said and throw the arrow on the ground.

I walk away but he grips my wrist, I wince when he gripped too hard as he turn me to him.

" You think you have a way? " He asked.

" An unexpected one, what do you think? " I asked.

" I like to see you try " he said and pass me another arrow.