[ Chapter 45 : Burden ]

*play song*

Y/n's pov.  

" She's dead? " I asked, Carlos nodded.

" From what I heard, she was poisoned " Valarie said.

I sighed.

" This is Gene's doing, Aaron must be in shock as well, has he sent any letters? " I asked.

" Now that you mentioned " Valerie took out a capsule and pass it to me.

Before I can grab it Carlos snatch it away.

" Carlos! " I scold as he opens the cap.

He unrolls the paper and read it.

" Aphmau was killed, you should be informed by now, I'm sorry I couldn't come, had to put up an act and mourn for her death, I'll see you tommorow, I love you, sincerely Aaron " he finish reading it and scoff throwing it behind him.

" Lame "

" Hey! " I kick him lightly, he smiles.

" Your lame " I said.

We're in the shack again, Edrovaria and Falcon Claw isn't really that far apart, and this shack is just in between.

Valarie picks up the paper for me and put it in the capsule.

" Your getting married tommorow, what are we going to do? " He asked.

" I don't know, I'll be going to Tu'la this noon "

" It's not really that simple " I said.

" Maybe it is " Alex enters, I look at him in confusion.

" What are you saying? " Valarie asked.

" We can present the report, do you still have it? " Natalie enters the room.

" It's with me " Alex said.

" Present it now?, Gene could kill you before you can even say a word " Carlos said.

" Not when he's occupied " I said.

" Wh-what are you saying? " Valarie asked.

" We'll talk about this in Tu'la, can you and the members sneak in the palace without getting caught? " I asked.

" It's what we're taught first " Alex said.

" Good, I need all the members and I'll explain what I have in mind, it might be risky, especially you Alex, he knows you " I said.

" He still doesn't know I'm here, I have to be cautious " he said.

" We'll all get prepare now " Natalie grabs Alex by the back of his collar shirt and he doesn't seem to be bother by it when he was dragged.

" See ya " he waves and just walks backwards with a smile.

" Something definitely happen in between them " Valarie cross her arms.

" Why?, Jealous that you and Tyson will never get the chance? " I asked.

Her cheeks flush red.

" There's nothing in between us at all! " she exclaimed, I hummed in respond as I stand up.

" That's what she said " I walk pass her as she is all flustered.

I chuckled and walk down the gravel path to my horse with it's rein tied to the fence. I look up to expect to see my horse but my eyes widens when I see Gene standing there feeding my horse an apple.

" Gene " I exhale in disbelief.

" Your mother said you were out so I came to find you and escort you back myself " he smiles as he pet the horse.