16 ~ hiking

'That's how they never got together.' Y/n sat down at a bench next to a small stream.

Aidan sat next to her 'Ed deserved better.'.

'He did.' Y/n sighed softly and looked at the boy next to her 'What do we do now?'.

'We got this far so we can't stop now but I don't know.' Aidan shrugged 'We should let them meet, the question is how.'

His phone ringed and he grabbed it. As soon as he saw the name upon it he realized it probably meant going home. 'Hey mom.'

He put his phone on speaker as his mom answered.

'Hey! How is there?' She asked.

Aidan locked eyes with y/n and a smile popped up on his face 'Great!'

'I haven't heard much from y/n her parents today, is everything alright?'

His smile immediately faded as his mom said that. 'Yeah sure, I mean everything is pretty hard for everyone I guess..'

'Did something happen?'

'No mom.' Aidan lied 'Really everything is okay.'

'Okay then.' She replied 'When are you planning on heading to our hotel?'

'I don't know, I'll see.' He answered.

'Also with your whole soulmate thing happening, your dad and I decided to stay here a bit longer than just a few days. We booked our flight back in about two weeks.'

'Oh my god' Aidan turned to y/n 'We've got two more weeks for our plan!'

'Plan?' His mom questioned and he fell quiet. Aidan murmured a 'shit' and then a 'sorry' to y/n.

'Nothing mom.' He lied 'Y/n and I were just planning to go..'

He tried  looking for a fitting word to end his phrase but couldn't find one. 'Hiking.' Y/n finished for him 'We were planning on hiking.'

They heard Aidan's mom chuckling on the other side of the phone and they both let out a breath.

'Well that's good!' She said 'I'll let you two alone then. We'll talk later.'

'Bye mom.' Aidan said.

'Bye sweety.'

Aidan ended the call and started laughing 'Hiking? Really?'

'What about it?' Y/n started laughing with him 'I like hiking and plus it's better than me saying skydiving.'

'SkYeDiViNg' Aidan repeated as he kept laughing.  Y/n rolled her eyes playfully  as she stood up 'You're an idiot.'.

'Your idiot.' He smirked as also he stood up.

Y/n felt her cheeks heat up and looked shyly the other way.

'Hiking it is.' Aidan said.

•••

It wasn't much later when we arrived back at y/n's home. It took y/n several seconds to actually open the door and enter her house.

She didn't want to see her parents right now, not after the talk they had. To be precise, she didn't want to see her dad. Her mom and her were okay.

Y/n and Aidan walked inside and sat down in the living room. Y/n's parents had free this week so she wouldn't be able to ignore her dad any soon.

Her mom walked in the living room and when she saw the two, a smile popped upon her face. It was a kind and understanding smile. 'I heard you coming inside.' She said kindly as she grabbed a box of cookies on her way to the two kids.

She put the box of cookies in front of the two and just now they both realized that they were actually pretty hungry. Y/n was the first one to grab a cookie.

Her teeth bit the cookie into pieces in her mouth and the flavor of chocolate took over.

It didn't take long for Aidan to grab one too, and also he enjoyed the flavor of the chocolate cookies.

'So..' Y/n's mom broke the silence. The silence hadn't been awkward, not at all actually. It was a comfortable one. 'I'm sorry what my husband said to you Aidan.' She said, looking down at her feet.

It was clear that she meant it and that she didn't like her husband acting like he did in any way.

'It's nothing..' Aidan replied and he looked at y/n's mom 'He was true though but we can get through it.'

'I'm glad it was you, that you're my daughter's soulmate.' Y/n's mom smiled 'You're a true fighter.'