13 ~ the "truth"

Aidan layed there, holding y/n. He woke up a few minutes ago and didn't want to wake the sleeping girl who was laying in his arms.

The whole night he had held her closely to him and he almost didn't want to let go again.

His entire life he had been deadly afraid of ruining his soulmate's life, but as he was laying right now, he was even more worried than he had been before.

He didn't want to mess up this girl's life. He just couldn't. If he did, he would never forgive himself.

Y/n shifts in her sleep which causes Aidan to smile. He was so glad he had finally send her after so many years. There was no regret in him at all.

'Goodmorning.' The girl in his arms whispered.

The two sleepy eyes in front of him opened and a smile came upon her face as she faced Aidan.

'Goodmorning' he smiled back.

'Thank you for comforting me last night.' Y/n said as she stared into Aidan's eyes. She could feel his arms around her waist and she wanted to stay in this very moment for forever.

'You two sleepy heads!' They heard as y/n's mom was knocking on the door 'Breakfast is ready.'

Y/n sighed as she leaned backwards with her head again into her pillow. 'I'll make myself ready. You can do that afterwards.'

After getting ready both of them walked downstairs. They haven't even reached the ground floor and the smell of freshly baked pancakes welcomed them.

'Did you make pancakes mom?' Y/n asked happily as Aidan and her came into the kitchen.

Y/n's dad was sitting at the table with his laptop and a plate with a pancake on it in front of him. He was working. Y/n frowned as she sat down next to her dad and Aidan next to her.

'You never work when we eat breakfast dad..'

She didn't get a lot of response apart from a 'mhm.'

Her dad wasn't in his usual doing and y/n wanted to know why. 'Is something wrong?'.

By now y/n her mom had given Aidan and y/n a plate with a pancake too and she joined them at the table with her own plate.

'It's probably nothing sweetheart.' Y/n her mom said kindly but this made y/n worry even more.

Her mom knew what was wrong with him. They must've talked about it.

Y/n's dad looked up to glance at everyone at the table but when his glance fell upon Aidan, he looked down again, rather annoyed.

'You know I have one question to ask..' He looked up and this time he looked straight at Aidan.

'Don't..' Y/n her mom sighed as she looked at Aidan while trying to reassure him with her kind smile.

But y/n knew very well that her dad was going to continue since something was really bothering him.

'Aidan, how are you going to give y/n a good life?'

Y/n looked up, shocked. 'Dad what the heck do you mean?' She asked completely confused.

'No really.' Her dad continued 'I suppose you're going to be gone a lot since you're an actor and a musician. Let alone what life are you giving her with all those fan girls who adore you?'

He sighed deeply and then went straight back to his laptop to continue working.

Aidan took a breath and didn't know what to say. It was true, he would go on tours and do concerts.

And if the umbrella academy wanted another season, he would have to go and record that for several months. What life would he give her.

'Sir i-...' He barely got out.

'How dare you.' Y/n her mom said to her husband 'They're soulmates. They will figure things out, just like we did back then. Just like everyone does.'

With a sigh Aidan stood up and looked down 'I'm gonna go for a walk. I'm sorry.' And with that he walked out.

'Dad..' Y/n her eyes were filled with tears by now 'You're awful!' She stood up and ran to the door to catch up with Aidan.

'I'm just telling the truth!' Her dad yelled after her which caused his wife to glare at him.

She also stood up, grabbing her plate 'What the hell have you done.'.