15 ~ final question

It was somewhere in the afternoon now. Aidan and y/n hadn't returned to y/n's home since her dad decided to be a real prick.

They were now walking towards Ed's door, ready to go on with their plan. 'Ready?' Y/n said with a shaky voice as she stood in front of the door. Ed his house was well kept and had these adorable shutters.

'Ready when you are.' Aidan said as he liftes his hand to knock on the door.

He knocked a few times and then they both stepped back. It didn't take long before they could hear noises from inside coming closer.

The door opened slowly and when it was open enough, a head popped out. Ed had short, gray hair. He wasn't much longer than Aidan and y/n were and he looked grumpy, very grumpy.

'Yes?' He asked, probably doubting himself whether he should just close the door or not.

'Hello, are you Ed Williams?' Y/n asked in a very polite tone not wanting to get the door thrown in their faces.

Ed frowned slightly and nodded in response.

'I'm y/n and this is Aidan.' Y/n smiled at Aidan who kept himself quiet 'We're doing a school project..'

'Can't you ask one of my neighbors?' Ed stopped y/n.

Y/n shook no with her head and continued not waiting for another grumpy question.

'Well we're doing a project about policemen and we called the bureau for information and they told us we could go to you. They gave us your adres and told us we could ask you everything.'

Aidan looked at the girl next to him. He never knew she was this good at lying and all this earned her a smirk. 'Yeah sir, so could we ask you some questions?' He added.

'They didn't tell me anything about that? Who did you talk to then, at the bureau?' Ed questioned.

'Umm I don't know.' Y/n shrugged not knowing what to answer 'We umm, we didn't get a name.'

Ed looked at the two kids in front of him, not knowing if they were telling the truth. 'A few questions wouldn't hurt anyone.' He eventually gave in 'Come in.'

Aidan and y/n followed him inside and sat down together. 'So questions..' Y/n said as she grabbed a folded paper out of her pocket.

'So let's start with an easy one.' She smiled kindly 'What inspired you to become a cop?'

'Well.. Since this is your school project, I can asnwer that honestly. Otherwise I would've made something up.' Ed started 'I became one because there was this.. friend, whom her family got ruined because of a murder. They never found the man who did it. She was devastated and ended up broken. She cut everyone close to her off and I never saw or spoke to her again.'

'It was unfair that that had to happen to her.' He sighed as he looked at his feet 'I didn't want that to happen to anyone else so I became a cop and i'd do everything in my power to make sure everyone knows that we tried as much as we could you know.'

Aidan looked at the man in front of him. Ed had tears in his eyes after telling his story. On one side it was beautiful but on the other, it was gray and lonely

'I'm very sorry for that.' Aidan said as he looked at y/n and back at the man.

They both asked some more questions and then y/n had one final question.

'How is being a cop with a soulmate?'

Ed looked up at y/n as if she had been crazy to ask him that. 'I don't think I've got an answer for that.'

He stood up and gave the two a kind smile as he said 'I think you have enough answers now.'

'Yeah.' Aidan said as he and y/n also stood up 'Thank you for your time sir.'

'No problem, glad I could help you. Hopefully you'll get good grades.'

The two followed Ed to the door and walked out.

Y/n thanked the man and continued to walk next to Aidan.

'Wait' Ed suddenly said which caused Aidan and y/n to turn around.

'I couldn't answer that question because that friend, she was my soulmate.'