Zak and Vincent look at each other and we all immediately go to the backyard to rush Y/N so we could go.

Zak goes out first and drops the bag.

"What's wrong?" I ask, peaking my head out.
Jonathan has Y/N pinned to the ground with a baseball bat readied above her head to hit her.

"WHAT THE HELL?" Zak yells, making Jonathan look over at us.

"What, you thought you could get rid of me that easily?" he yells. "I'm here to take my future wife, thank you."

After a few moments of Jonathan making threats, Zak whispers something to Vincent and goes inside. Where is he going?! Why isn't he doing something?!
"Where's he going?!" Jonathan yells, holding the bat back, getting ready to swing at Y/N if we didn't answer.

"He can't handle this" Vincent sighs, looking at the ground. "He left."

Y/N's eyes start flooding with tears even more than they were before. Poor Y/N. How could he do this? Just ditch his girlfriend and maybe soon-to-be wife?
I start to go forward to help her, but Jonathan starts getting ready to wack her head again.

"Don't. Move." He demands.

What do I do?

"What do you want" Vincent asks, trying to reason with him.

"Y/N."

"Besides her" I say, trying to reason.

"Nothing. Just her."

Vincent and I look at each other, then start charging Jonathan. We aren't quick enough. He winds the bat backwards and starts to swing it at her-

Zak grabs the bat from behind Jonathan and swings it at him instead. He went around the side of the house to sneak up on Jonathan.

"Take her inside" Zak yells, but Vincent and I sit there in shock. "HELP HER."

I pick up Y/N and put her right arm around me with Vincent taking her left arm. All we can hear is a lot of punching and hitting behind us.

We get Y/N on the couch and start to address all of her injuries. Her legs are bruised, arms are cut up, and her face is bloody.

"Just call an ambulance, Darryl" Vincent demands.

"But-"

"DO IT!"

I run for my phone that I left with my stuff and dial 911.

After a while, Zak runs in and locks the door behind him, holding the bat.

"Did you call?" Zak asks, panicked.

"Yeah, I did" I answer as he rushes over to Y/N.

"You'll be okay, I promise, alright? I'm here" Zak whispers with a raspy voice from starting to cry. "I'm here Y/N."

We try getting her to talk but there's no response.
Soon enough, we hear the sirens outside.

"Don't open the door until they're at the door, he's still out there" Zak warns Vincent as he runs to the door.

We hear outside, "GET DOWN, PUT YOUR HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE THEM!"

Well, they got Jonathan. Again.

Vincent opens the door now that we know they have him.

7 people run in with a gurney, rushing to Y/N and start putting the patches on her that will connect to the machine in the ambulance.

"Is she gonna be okay?!" Zak practically yells.

"We'll have to see" a paramedic answers.

Before we know it, she's swept away by the ambulance.

Zak stares blankly out the door.

"Zak?" Vincent whispers, approaching him. Suddenly, Zak bursts into tears.

"I should've gone outside with her" Zak yells, almost hitting himself. I grab his arms before he can.

"She'll be okay" we keep reassuring him. Of course, we don't know, though. We can only hope.

"She's a strong girl" Vincent says, patting Zak on the back.

"Are you alright? Physically?" I ask him.

"I only have a few scrapes and might have bruises, but nothing compared to Y/N."

Zak falls to his knees, crying.

"How could I?!"

"Zak-"

"I need to help her."

Zak grabs his backpack since it already has his wallet and keys in it, running out of the door.

Word Count- 1201